Analyst/Developer - Generic - 4
Toronto, Ontario | Temporary
Role: Analyst/Developer - Generic – 4
Location: Downtown Toronto
Duration: 6 Months (Potential to extend)
Pay rate: Up to $70/hr.
The candidate is responsible for the effective analysis, design, development, implementation and support of mission critical, on-line, real-time financial trading, risk management and decision support systems of medium to high complexity The Java Developer must be able to interact with Business Analysts, Users, vendors, and Production Support Team. It is essential that the candidate to be proactive, eager to learn, and to have a 'Can Do' attitude.
• in full development cycle which includes system analysis, workday estimate, coding, user acceptance testing, and pre and post implementation support
• generate/adhere to departmental development standards, follow departmental system security and change control procedures, provide coaching and guidance to junior staff in the department, and meeting project target dates
• Also required is the second line production support by sharing pager responsibility with peers.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• 7-10 years of overall experience
• 5 years’ experience developing in a Unix Environment (preferably Solaris)
• Strong knowledge of RDBMS (ORACLE/Sybase) including performance tuning on SQL code. Working knowledge of UNIX scripting, Perl, ant
• Experience with Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA, SVN, JIRA, Git, Maven and other continuous integration tools is an asset
• Wall Street Systems skills is an asset
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment. Understanding of Capital Markets and Global Treasury business and products is an asset
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Developer (7-10 years of experience)
2)Java Core 7+ years of experience
3) MQ (Message Q), Oracle, and Unix ( 6+ years of experience)
4) Trouble Shooting (6+ years of experience)
5) Previous FI/Banking experience
6) Capital Markets is highly preferred
7) Nice to Have: working on WallStreet money market Systems, understanding global treasury business
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree or Post-Secondary education
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.