Greater Toronto Area, ON | Direct Hire
Location: Mississauga or Toronto
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an Application Developer to join their esteemed organization on a full-time permanent opportunity. The Application Developer will work as a senior ETL Developer within the development team, providing technical leadership and guidance in the Informatica space. Drive the formulation of system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding. Design, codes, test, debug and documents complex programs.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles. On top of a competitive salary, there’s also merit bonuses, benefits, and three weeks’ vacation with this opportunity!
Key Responsibilities for Application Developer:
- Ownership of all aspects of the design and build phases for Informatica workflows
- Convert business requirements into technical designs
- Guide the team’s development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Provide technical leadership and maintain high standards of quality within the team by establishing good practices through coaching and code reviews
- Collaborate with Project Managers, other Developers, Business Analysts and Software Architects to plan, design, develop and test all assigned deliverables
- Establishes and maintains standards, procedures and best practices to facilitate delivery of efficient, robust and maintainable systems.
- Support and troubleshoot production implementations.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less senior developers.
- Provide technical leadership on projects as necessary.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for Application Developer:
- College Diploma/University Degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering and /or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience using the Informatica PowerCenter platform (version 9 or higher is preferred)
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Experience with Linux as a working environment
- Knowledge of relational database development and design
- Experience with Informatica “B2B Data Transformation” is a highly valuable asset
- Java development experience is an asset
- Past experience working within the Financial Services industry is an asset
- Experience with other Informatica tools such as BDM and MDM is an asset
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.