Application Support Analyst - 5
Toronto, Ontario | Temporary
Role: Application Support Analyst – 5
Duration: 6 months (possibility of extension)
Location: Downtown Toronto
Pay Rate: Up to $60/hr.
The main function of an Application Support Analyst will be responsible for implementing standards and best practices around the development of application services and common components. The Application Analyst will influence the technological solution in relationship to the architecture, design and development and leverage common components as part of delivering the design/solution. The Application Analyst will provide an enterprise-wide perspective and input into IT decisions.
* Acts as the Subject Matter Expert/Mentor and holds overall accountability for business requirement review and the technical delivery and implementation of projects involving integration.
* Feed into the technology and infrastructure roadmaps.
* Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
* Work together with Solutions Architect to implement bank standards.
* Proactively design, cost, business case and strategize solutions to propose to the department and business line management
* Participate in any Architecture forums. Research and recommend enhancements to the strategic technology evolution of the organization based on new and emerging technologies
* Participates as technical or business consultant in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new packaged solutions or significant enhancements to existing applications.
* Provides expert advice and counsel to Corporate, Business Partner and/or IT areas, and IT project teams on highly complex issues related to "area of specialty".
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent.
* Expert skills and working knowledge in Avaya and Dialer systems and Architecture.
* 10+ years of advanced technical working experience with technologies.
* Strong experience/knowledge of Collection process and systems.
* Expert knowledge of Dialer best practices.
* Strong Project Management & Business Analysis experience.
* Excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills are essential.
* Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relationship skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives.
* Working knowledge of retail banking products (credit cards, loans, mortgage, etc...)
* Working experience in a multi-disciplinary setting accessing multiple databases in a multi-system, multi-architecture environment is desired.
* Hands-on technical working knowledge/experience with web based technologies desired or experience with IBM mid-range (AS/400) technology a benefit.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Strong Linux Experience
2) Automation, scripting (highly preferred), Java applications (understanding and troubleshooting) automation, shell script and python would be great.
3) Good trouble shooting
4) Solaris would be great
5) Nice to have: Google Cloud would be an asset, Hadoop would be an asset (understanding of it, spark, hive), bilingual in Spanish, database
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: email@example.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.