Mississauga, ON | Direct Hire
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an Architect to join their innovative organization on a full-time permanent opportunity. The Architect is responsible for the research, development, implementation, and documentation of research initiatives, encompassing everything from infrastructure to software used.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles. On top of a competitive salary, there’s also merit bonuses, benefits, and three weeks’ vacation with this opportunity!
- Deliver Technology solutions, including alignment of the development process with the defined customer needs and business goals.
- Lead strategic projects to ensure key performance indicators are achieved and maintained.
- Collaborate with all areas of R&D to ensure projects are effectively managed and document post-project reviews, identifying lessons learned and improvement opportunities
- Utilize industry knowledge, capabilities, innovation, data services, RPA technologies and AI solutions to our clients;
- Manage vendor relationships Provide support to Senior Technology Leadership by representing the Technology aspects of the portfolio at meetings when technical aspects require Technology expertise or interpretation
- Participate in various technology Center of Excellence Teams (Automation, Cloud, RPA, etc) to provide guidance, direction, and strategy. Mentor teams on how to use emerging technologies.
- Establish criteria for technical evaluation and work with vendors and business units where applicable in evaluating technology solutions
- Participate in Initiatives by submitting and execute ideas
- Other duties as assigned
- College Diploma/University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business and/or equivalent experience
- Certification in Enterprise Technology Stacks (RHCE/RHCA/MCSE/CCNP/CCIE)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Technology or Business and IT experience
- Minimum 5 years’ Technology Infrastructure experience with demonstrable results
- Minimum 3 years’ architectural oversight for large scale Enterprise Programs
- Working knowledge of Big Data architecture and development technologies including Cassandra, Hadoop, in-memory databases, NoSQL databases, graph database, machine learning, caching platforms, Solr, Lucene, data streaming, etc and processing as well as relevant application programming interfaces
- Advanced technical skills as appropriate for domain of architecture (development languages, technology platforms, data modeling, infrastructure, etc.)
- Ability to develop strategy documents, roadmaps, plans, socialize concepts, develop business cases, liaise with teams for planning and implementation
- Deep understanding of information and data architectures
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Extensive understanding of data architecture, solution architecture and design and how to compose Ansible playbooks
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (Hadoop/Hive/HBase/Spark/Cassandra) and development of languages (Java,C/C++/Scala)
- Deep understanding of software development frameworks (Web Application/Big Data/Continuous Integration/DevOps)
- Red Hat Enterprise Application portfolio knowledge (Satellite, Identity Management, Cloudforms, RHEV,
- Ability to engage senior executives on offerings, emerging technologies, lead discussions and provide insightful recommendations
- Ability to develop and execute Proof of Concept projects
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong influential and strategic thinking skills
- Flexibility required to travel to conferences and vendor meetings
Nice to Have:
- Openstack, JBOSS, PostgreSQL, Cluster)
- Microsoft Enterprise Application portfolio knowledge (System Center, Active Directory, MSQL, Exchange, HyperV, Azure, Cluster)
- Knowledge of Cisco Network and Access Control Technology
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.