Greater Toronto Area, ON | Contract
Type: 8-Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within government services, have asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an Atlassian Administrator to join their esteemed organization on a contract basis in Toronto. The Atlassian Administrator will support, maintain, and extend the company’s application suite. S/he will directly affect process implementation, integrate Atlassian products with other internal applications, and drive efficiencies for the organization.
This organization is within the public sector and will give you the opportunity to be a part of large projects that will directly benefit the society, and enrich your professional portfolio.
Key Responsibilities for Atlassian Administrator:
- Configuration, maintenance, and administration of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, Bamboo).
- Serve as the JIRA and Atlassian technical resource for migrations to ensure the adoption of development and workflow processes, address user questions, and develop training, as needed.
- Ensure the usage of Atlassian add-ons meets team and business needs
- Work with software teams to identify procedural efficiencies, such as with Jira Workflows, custom fields, etc.
- Work on technical solutions using JIRA and associated plugins or other Atlassian products
- Work on JIRA projects, queries, and reports, as needed.
- Construct security schemes, custom fields and configurations.
- Construct custom workflows, post functions, and validators.
- Make changes to workflows, screens, fields, and reporting.
- Work with JIRA/Confluence add-ons, plugins, and extensions.
- Interact with existing vendors for support and troubleshooting.
- Document standards, guidelines, and standard operating procedures for admins/users of the system.
- Provide training to use Atlassian toolset.
- Organize data in Confluence.
- Devise, test, and deploy integrations between Atlassian products and other internal tool chains
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for Atlassian Administrator:
- 3+ years’ experience administrating Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, Bamboo).
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with JQL.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Experience directly integrating Atlassian products with other applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of performing application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs.
- Experience in performing Linux administration tasks.
- Knowledge of how to integrate hybrid Atlassian suite solution with some products on-prem (Jira/Confluence/Bamboo) and others in the Atlassian cloud (BitBucket/HipChat).
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.