Scarborough, ON | Contract
Bagg Managed Resources is looking for a Business Analyst to work for one of their financial clients in Scarborough
Are you looking for a long-term role within one of the Big Five Banks? Apply!
*This opportunity is ideal for you if you are looking to learn more about Big Data and work in a collaborative team environment.*
Duration of Contract: 8 months
The role is for IS&C and will be performing Business Analyst duties associated with Data Loss Prevention, Cloud and high privileged account users in expanding new behavioural analytics platform using Big Data for security investigations.
Typical Day in the Role
Will be working closely with internal team and will be tasked to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner. Acting as a SME as other BA’s within team have taken over other areas of responsibility.
- Hands-on experience working with Big Data
- Hands on experience using Splunk, Hortonworks or similar operational tools managing data
- Communication Skills/Relationship Building/Stakeholder Management
NICE TO HAVE
- Fluent in Spanish/understanding of LATAM Regions
- Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
- Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
- Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
- Supports one or more highly complex business processes
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years experience required
- Basic knowledge of programming languages in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions
- Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
- Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
- Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
- A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
- Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: BMRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.