Toronto, Ontario | Temporary
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Downtown, Toronto
Duration: 6 Months (Possible Extension)
1. Document an existing Hadoop based data aggregation and reporting application taking it from prototype to production deployment
2. Work with the user community to analyze and document new reporting requirements, assist in the set-up of a self-serve data mart type environment for client Value Reporting
3. Ensure that all solutions proposed are in harmony with the technology stack being used for the application and harmonize it with the broader Global Capital Markets Technology Strategy.
4. Develop and then execute a plan to put a robust set of non-functional controls, processes and procedures around the application to ensure maximum uptime and minimize mean time to recovery.
5. Assist with integration of the application into the Scotiabank state of the art DevOps infrastructure for automated build/ automated deployment.
6. Development of feeds into the system using a variety of technologies tools like ETL, EAI or Apache NiFi.
7. Documentation of the system to a level which can be handed over to a third line support team.
8. Preparation of specifications and documentation for all software developed. Use of standard project management and team collaboration tools
The incumbent must have the below:
1. Expert: Understanding of Trades, Trade Reporting, Client Valuation and Profitability reporting
2. A very good knowledge of financial instruments, how they are represented in trading and risk systems.
3. Good: SQL
4. 5+ years of data integration and reporting experience
5. Experience working in an agile team
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to have:
7. Tableau or a similar visual BI tool
1. A recognized under-graduate degree in business, commerce, finance or a related discipline.
2. A recognized post-graduate or masters degree in business, commerce, finance, or a related discipline, MBA, CFA and/or FRM would be an asset.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8-10 years overall experience
2) Jira and confluence
3) SQL queries
4) Any BI tool (it is a reporting environment)
5) Understanding of reporting, client valuation, profitability and metrics
6) Capital Markets
7) Great communication skills
6) Nice to have: Agile experience would be preferred.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree or Post-Secondary education
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: HKAResume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.