Cognos Development Lead
Toronto, ON | Contract
Cognos Development Lead
Type: 24 Months
Our client, a leading organization within the public sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Cognos Development Lead to join their esteemed organization on a long-term contract in Toronto. Cognos Development Lead will be responsible for overseeing the overall analysis, drafting, solution architecture and infrastructure build in support of Cognos 8.4 +. He/She will work with the development team, coordinate activities with the architecture team, business, project stakeholders, vendors, developers, and testers in support of new solution and the migration of business intelligence reports.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Review, work on and propose enhanced governance, oversight and operational/administrative processes
- Effectively work on the supplier relationship and service delivery to ensure a positive working relationship and effective delivery of contracted products and services that include:
- Working on the operational, administrative, and service delivery processes in place
- Approaches for monitoring performance and effective communication with the supplier for improvement of services
- Responsible to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies and work on issues with broad technical or strategic implications
- Work with the internal clients, vendors, architect team and project team to increase the confidence in the data warehouse in the organization.
- Candidate must be conversant with DW methodologies with a sound knowledge and experience of integration input/jobs for disparate systems and be able to maintain the Boards standard of DW and ETL best practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- 7 – 10 years’ experience constructing and maintaining large Enterprise Data Warehouses
- 5- 7 years of DW solution experience including entity relationship diagram and logical data model, dimensional data model and ETL Detailed Designs
- 5+ years developing Cognos solutions
- 4+ years using BODS
- Experience of ingesting external data through ETL’s to Data Hub
- Minimum 10 years in IT&T Assessing service management performance and customer relationship processes to identify risks and recommend areas for improvement including the following:
- Facilitating improvements in relationship between suppliers and clients.
- Facilitating solutions for problems and escalation processes.
- Prior knowledge and experience in establishing performance monitoring and quality management processes.
- Experience with Data Modeling & DW Solutions.
- Hands on experience to deliver Entity relationship diagram and logical data model, Dimensional data model and ETL Detailed Design.
- Experience with tools and technologies including Erwin, Oracle, SQL Server, Datastage etc.
- Experience with BODS / DataStage and GW
- Proven ability to support a team effectively
- Knowledge of Mainframe, Middleware, and Open System coding concepts
- Solid ability to quantify both technical and functional impact of affected system modifications.
- Knowledge of scheduling tools CA-7, CAD
- Must have excellent Communication Skills
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.