DB2 UDB Database Administrator
Toronto, ON | Contract
DB2 UDB Database Administrator
Location: Downtown Toronto
Type: 5-Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the public sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a DB2 UDB Database Administrator to join their high-tech organization on a contract basis. The DB2 UDB Database Administrator will work with management to provide technical expertise and leadership in the construction and delivery of technology-enabled application database, products and high quality services
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Provide details to business/technical issues and ensure that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met
- Provide options that have potential business/process automation impact and organization/financial impact
- Provide high quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and provide knowledge transfer to team members.
- Provide feedback to architecture or high-level requirements, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs.
- Integrate system solutions to handle confidential data/information
- Perform system installations, DB2 Upgrades, and software testing
- Translate logical data model to physical data model
- Construct efficient databases
- Conduct technical and detailed design walkthroughs and code reviews;
- Function in a support capacity to provide isolation and resolution of software issues and communicating resolution options.
- Define data models and processing models based on the business requirements in order to meet the needs of the organization's information requirements and helping to determine data requirements, normalization, structure and distribution.
- Participate in defects meetings;
- Support all testing, creating code drop release notes and the implementation of development components
- Provide timely reporting on work progress status to the project manager, team lead and/or manager
- Follow the software development methodology (agile) and databases standards
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of solid experience supporting DB2/UDB (V9.7 up) on the AIX platforms
- 6+ years of solid experience supporting Oracle on UNIX/LINUX (11g up) platforms
- 6+ years of database construction and the ongoing support and administration of databases for large applications
- 6 + years’ solid experience with UNIX Operating system and UNIX shell scripting
- Proven ability to perform database change management, performance tuning, and problem solving
- 6+ years of experience in writing and debugging complex SQL scripts
- 6+ years of experience in installing new DBMS versions and applying maintenance fixes supplied by the DBMS vendor
- Strong troubleshooting capability
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
- Good team player
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.