Greater Toronto Area, ON | Contract
Type: 1-Year Contract
Our client, a major organization within government services, have asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Data Architect to join their esteemed organization on a 1-year contract in Toronto. The Data Architect will work on projects to establish progressive achievement of data technology roadmaps. S/he will work with internal stakeholders to understand current and future state relationships between business needs and information management capabilities.
This organization is within the public sector and will give you the opportunity to be a part of large projects that will directly benefit the society, and enrich your professional portfolio.
Key Responsibilities for Data Architect:
- Responsible for working on data architecture. This includes working on deployment of the enterprise standard, and application data models. They will define how data will be stored, consumed, integrated within the different systems as part of applications development.
- Work on the requirements created by functional analysts into the data architecture and describing it through design artifacts. They are part of the team and will work with developers in the technical implementation of those artifacts. They will have accountability for selecting the most appropriate technology solution and application development technology for the problem.
- Work with project and functional project leaders to support overall motivation to the entire development team during the software development life cycle. They must ensure buy-in from the architecture practices.
- Suggest information management tools and technologies such as data warehouse and analytics tools, master data management, data integration tools, data quality and profiling tools.
- Work on transition plans/roadmaps to migrate/evolve enterprise technology and data processing capabilities from current state to future state.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for Data Architect:
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Math, or Engineering)
- 10 + years’ experience in enterprise data architecture preferably in both production & development environment
- 8 + years’ experience with data modeling
- 10 + years’ experience with Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Business Intelligence, and Analytics
- Experience with data design and development in a multitude of technologies is necessary
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data sources such as RDBMS, Hadoop, Java etc.
- Ability to communicate technical roadmaps and lead development teams in technical adoption
- Good understanding of PaaS and SaaS development and deployment (preference to include Cloud experience)
- Communication skills to explain complex technology to a non-software development audience
- Critical problem solver
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.