Data Conversion Lead
Toronto, ON M5V 3J1
Data Conversion Lead
Type: 24-Month Contract
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Data Conversion Lead to assist with the planning, execution and deployment of data conversion from GuideWire (GW) v7 & Legacy Applications to Guidewire v10 Functional system and potentially to GW DataHub (DH) and InfoCenter (IC). Data conversion will also extend to a Centralized Data Store (CDS) to enable an end-to-end solution for reporting and analytics based on enterprise needs. This role will be working with multiple stakeholders, teams and supporting an enterprise wide Core Services Modernization (CSM) program. The incumbent will act as a Data Conversion Subject Matter Expert and work very closely with team members from Corporate Business Information and Analytics (CBIA) and Information Technology Cluster (ITC) and vendor to identify, design and implement Data Conversion activities.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Assist in requirements analysis, design, testing and implementation of data conversion from GWv7 and legacy system to GWv10 functional system, Data Hub and Info Center and a Centralized Data Store
- Collaborate with stakeholders and vendor to support and facilitate data conversion business and technical sessions
- Perform analysis and deliver required artifacts for Vendor that includes the following: data mapping/load order documents, data profiling requirements, data cleansing strategies, and develop conversion output in the form of success / failure statistics for further analysis.
- Provide Data Conversion expertise in the latest GW functional system and DH/ IC versions
- Research, analyze and recommend data conversion strategies as required, aligned with the Organization’s Architecture guidelines
Business Transformation and Data Quality
- Support quality management and assurance on data and applications to ensure security and integrity of data
- Assist IT partners with information and application data conversions and extraction requirements
- Coordinate data cycles, execute mock conversions and ensure conversion defects are fixed
- Identify key impacts in each data load and provide inputs to cross work streams such as testing and local teams
- Support with legacy system extracts and data analysis on an ad hoc basis.
- Support data Cleansing activities to meet reporting needs, data profiles.
- Assist in effectively resolving conversion issues found in multiple testing phases requiring in depth expertise in Data Conversion solution.
- Ensure data conversion aligns with Data Governance best practices.
Data Conversion Project Management
- Ensure all milestones and deliverables are met in all data conversion phases from Extraction, Transformation and Load until Go-Live
- Liaise and coordinate with multiple project teams and vendor on conversion related tasks and ensure delivery of data conversion deliverables and resolution of technical issues
- Identifying data conversion risk and report to management
- Support all data Mock Conversion cycles and the subsequent Data Validation efforts and cutover activities in support of Testing and Go-Live activities.
- Other duties as required
- 10+ years’ experience working on large scale data and technology projects, with demonstrated evidence of successful deployments
- 7+ years proven experience facilitated and developing enterprise information management solutions (Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics & Reporting solutions) with multiple implementations
- 5+ year experience of Guidewire (GW) Insurance Suite including BillingCenter, PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, Contact Manager, DataHub (DH) and InfoCenter (IC) & GW Data Management tools;
- Excellent interpersonal, client service, organizational, and project management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Proven communication (verbal, written, and presentation) skills with ability to convey data and technology solutions to all stakeholders
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships across business and technology and can deal with conflict resolution in a timely and effective manner
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: PRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.