Toronto, ON | Contract
Type: Contract to Potential Permanent Full-Time
Our client, a growing company within the security industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Database Administrator/Developer to join their esteemed organization on a contract to potential permanent full-time opportunity. The ideal candidate will be able to do coding as well as database administration.
This organization is looking to grow their team for the long run. They have a trusting and friendly environment and freedom is something they value. They also pay for education and skills upgrades!
- Coding for websites HTML, HTML5
- Perform management of IP address (public or private); use of NAT, PAT, for IP traffic routing. Configure and schedule scripts and tasks for monitoring, alerts, and other event notifications Configure and manage user accounts for web services like FTP.
- Configure and optimize application firewalls, rule sets, session handling preferences.
- Able to patch and upgrade new software releases; perform backup and recovery tasks.
- Install, configure, setup properties of Plesk Onyx package – Apache, MySQL, PHP, FastCGI Configure via Plesk UI for IP address, domain accounts, user accounts, SSL, and other default required settings
- Modify, customize, and troubleshoot common configuration or setup files related to operation, performance, security in all Web services; specifically, Apache and NGINX. Optimize and tune performance variables in configuration files for Apache, PHP, NGINX, etc for static or dynamic content processing.
- Patch and upgrade software releases of all Web services like Apache and NGINX when available.
- PHP management – upgrades and patching releases, configuring PHP settings, permissions, extensions, handler types, and executing PHP scripts Mail
- Configure and troubleshoot all Mail services for operation and security
- Setup, configure, manage MySQL servers in Plesk; add external database servers; configure backup settings, etc
- Manage db admin, user accounts, roles and permissions, hosting preferences to default or custom settings.
- Monitor and review action logs for events such as limits on disk space, web traffic usage; changes to IP, DNS zones, etc; changes to application configuration changes, add, removes, etc
- Review statistics and issue reports to management. Examples: Traffic history, consumption, application build versions, etc.
- Track server health for disk, cpu, ram and other resources usage for proactive risk mitigation. Automate alarms and event notification for statistics and monitoring where available.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in coding/development
- Experience in database administration
- Must have HTML5, PHP, CSS, SQL/MySql database experience
- Some knowledge of SEO would be an asset
- Lamp development experience is a nice to have
- Experience working inside of cloud based environments is an asset
- Knowledge of CSS, PHP - Java, Ajax
- Skilled in log parsing, notification automation for purpose of troubleshooting for performance or usability issues
- Skilled in HTTPS/HTTP/HTTP2; SSL Certificates, PHP, SSH
- Skilled in Website directory structures; defining custom document roots (cgi-bin, httpdocs, error_docs, webspace); host templates, etc
- Knowledge of DNS zones, templates, records
- Skilled in mapping IP address to domain names
- Knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL or MSSQL software or related database technologies
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.