Toronto, ON | Contract
Type: 5-Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the public sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Database Administrator to join their esteemed organization on a contract basis. The Database Administrator will identify database requirements by interviewing stakeholders; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and proposing new systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Provides solutions by defining database logical / physical structure and functional capabilities, data import/export, data migration, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by working on specifications and flowcharts; optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Provides DBA support services by answering questions and requests.
- Supports database functions by coding utilities.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench-marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years’ solid experience supporting DB2/UDB (V9.7 up) on the AIX platforms
- 6+ years’ solid experience supporting Oracle on UNIX/LINUX (11g up) platforms
- 6+ years’ database creation and the ongoing support and administration of databases for large applications
- 6 + years’ solid experience with UNIX Operating system and UNIX shell scripting
- Proven ability to perform database change management, performance tuning, and problem solving
- 6+ years’ experience in writing and debugging complex SQL scripts
- 6+ years’ experience in installing new DBMS versions and applying maintenance fixes supplied by the DBMS vendor
- Strong troubleshooting capability
- Good communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs.
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
- Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges.
- Good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast-paced project team with strong listening skills
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.