Director of Development
Greater Toronto Area, ON | Direct Hire
Director of Development
Location: Mississauga or Toronto
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Director of Development to join their esteemed organization on a full-time permanent opportunity. The Director of Development is responsible for the management of the Application Development functions across the organization; Owns the development process and leads the team, interfacing closely with all stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs. Ensures activities are managed to deliver consistent, common, accurate and flexible application development products to support the organization’s business needs in a timely manner.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles. On top of a competitive salary, there’s also merit bonuses, benefits, and three weeks’ vacation with this opportunity!
Key Responsibilities for Director of Development:
- Provides management with expert advice on all Application Development (technical and business) activities.
- Manages technical vendor relationships to align vendor products roadmaps, enhancements, and maintenance priorities
- Collaborates with stakeholders to align offerings with technology capabilities
- Executes platform uplift and integration as required to meet needs of stakeholders and address risk, including DR and BCP.
- Develops the Information Technology development strategy in support of the company’s mission and core objectives.
- Drives development to successful completion, resolving all related issues and overcoming any roadblocks.
- Plans for, and manages the Development operating budget and monitors budget to ensure that financial targets are met.
- Defines, seeks approval and hires Development resources required to meet IT and business goals.
- Prioritizes and schedules major projects based on resource availability.
- Ensures initiatives within the department meet agreed upon business and performance goals.
- Provides design and development services for project and change delivery.
- Provides quality estimates and responses to development requests
- Provides rapid delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Manages and drives the formulation of system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug and documents software solutions of varying complexity.
- Responsible for all phases of application systems analysis, design and programming activity.
- Works closely with Production Architecture group to provide technical governance
- Actively recommends changes to established methods and procedures
- Effectively manages employees through utilization of work planning tools, productivity measurement, and guidance.
- Develops direct reports by providing leadership, coaching, relevant training and education, and inspires them to excel.
- Speaks to trends to proactively ensure projects remain on track.
- Develops, manages and implements standards, protocols and procedures to effectively deliver timely, accurate, stable and flexible products.
- Streamlines productive processing in a controlled manner to mitigate risk.
- Continually strives to improve quality and/or lower costs through development practices.
- Provides input into cross discipline committees
- Other duties as required
Requirements for Director of Development:
- University education in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 10+ years of related technical and managerial experience in large and complex information processing environments.
- Strong knowledge of application development and integration, both at architectural and technical levels.
- Technology aptitude.
- Proven leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to “get things done” (strong achievement orientation, attention to detail, ability to multi-task).
- Ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced, multi-project environment.
- Demonstrates comfort and efficacy in presenting to and in communicating with others including senior management and business leaders.
- Has exemplary communication and influencing competencies to bridge gaps and coach teams.
- Demonstrated project management skills to plan and deliver on established strategic and tactical goals
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.