ESB Technical Lead
Toronto, ON | Contract
ESB Technical Lead
Type: 2 Year Contract
Our client, a major organization within the public sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an ESB Technical Lead to join their esteemed organization on a long-term contract in Toronto. The ESB Technical Lead will lead a team of WebSphere MQ and Message Broker technical resources providing services for all ACES streams by participating in all aspects of solution and project lifecycle. This will include all non-production and production environments.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Lead a team of WebSphere MQ and Message Broker technical resources providing services for all ACES streams by participating in all aspects of solution and project lifecycle. This will include all non-production and production environments
- Lead the implementation of WebSphere MQ and Message Broker solutions which could include high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) requirements in various environments
- Review and provide sizing of the current available WMQ / WMB capacity and determine if they are sufficient
- Deliver implementation of WebSphere MQ and WebSphere Message Broker objects
- Streamline / automate WebSphere MB setup and message flow deployment process
- Deliver build book for different environments - DEV, SIT, UAT, Training, Pre-PROD and PROD, etc.
- Collaborate with ESB development team to flush out optimal solution
- Create and modify automated scripts for pro-active monitoring of the ESB availability and performance to ensure functionality, integrity and security of the environments and compliance with Information security and change management processes.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems as they arise which will involve interacting with other teams and with multiple external service providers.
- Provide technical leadership and support to Information Technology (IT) staff
- Review and update ESB build & run books and manuals
- Provide full documentation of all activities performed in the ESB environments
- Provide knowledge transfer as required
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned or required.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of solid hands-on experience in WebSphere MQ V7.x/8 and Websphere Message Broker (MB) v7.x/8 administration, configuration, and support
- 5+ years of leading teams in, create, build, configure, deploy, support, and maintenance of WebSphere MQ and MB solutions
- 5+ years’ experience ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) v3 concepts and practices in IT Service Management.
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise architecture concepts and practices.
- Experience in Java based technologies with general knowledge of specific components such as MQ, JDBC, FTP, Mail etc.
- Experience with distributed system integration technologies that span various platforms and operating systems
- Experience in HTTP/S, FTP technologies including Secure FTP, FTPS, sFTP etc., and Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 database connectivity and interaction
- 5+ years of experience in configuration, administration and support of integration and batch jobs on various platforms and environments
- 2+ years of experience in Redhat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x/6.x and AIX 5/7.x Operating system
- knowledge and experience industry best practices in creating, running, (design, managing,) configuring and administering WMQ and WMB
- Strong troubleshooting capability
- Extensive technical skills in support of complex enterprise level ESB environments
- 2+ years of experience with security hardening practices of Linux, AIX and Websphere MQ and MB
- Good Communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs.
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
- Good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast pace project team with good listening skills
Nice to Have:
- Certifications on IBM WebSphere MQ / WebSphere Message Broker products, ITIL v3 and enterprise architecture
- Hands-on experience with building and troubleshooting message flows
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.