Environment Health & Safety (EHS) Analyst
Scarborough, ON | Contract
Environment Health & Safety (EHS) Analyst
Type: Contract | Contract-to-Permanent Opportunity
Our client, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an EHS Analyst to join their reputable organization on a contract basis with possible permanent opportunity. The EHS Analyst will be responsible for data gathering and analytics, design and execution of reports, identification of gaps and trends, recommendation of changes in business practices, and development of processes, procedures, and tools to ensure governance and compliance within environment, health and safety systems. The ideal candidate will be resourceful, intuitive, and flexible.
You will have the opportunity to work for a large organization that has over half a million customers in the city of Toronto alone; it is also an organization that is committed to your professional development as there are various opportunities within this company! Although this position is a contract, there is a possibility it can become a permanent full-time job for the right individual.
- Gathering of data from various sources, in creating data from multiple internal and external sources, identifying patterns/trends/variances
- Leads the facilitation of root cause analysis to identify gaps/trends and variances
- Presents and provides reporting pertaining to the analysis results, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Ensures source data integrity and accuracy for strategic decision making and timeliness compliance with legislative requirements.
- Completing legislative reports for submission to Ministry of Labour and Ministry of Environment & Climate Change
- Acts as a system administrator and leads all environment, health and safety technology system upgrades/enhancement and regression analysis.
- Creates and maintains all forms, programs and dashboards within the system.
- Provides support for the planning, scheduling, execution, reporting and gap closures for internal/external audits, in addition to preparing documentation for tracking purposes and review.
- Ensures completion of annual forecasting, monthly planning, short interval control and reporting activities
- Works with Environment, Health & Safety consultants to use analytics to drive solutions and recommend issues/challenges.
- Conducts best practices research using internal/external metrics and data for benchmarking and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Highlights the impact of how any legislative or compliance changes impact organization.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in a related discipline.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of work experience in data consolidation and trend analysis
- At least two (2) years of experience supporting data analytics
- Knowledge and understanding of environment, health and safety management systems, legislation and practices preferred.
- Knowledge of Intelex System Tableau
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or QlikSense preferred
- Knowledge of data requirement gathering methodologies and statistics.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Experience in compiling and presenting reports
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet short-term needs while at the same time building a plan and systems for future needs
- Fosters open dialogue, builds relationships; collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders; seeks to understand problem before implementing a solution
- Experienced in developing new and creative solutions to work problems
- Able to influence, gain support and commitment from others
- Access to a vehicle is preferred
- Flexible to travel to other client locations occasionally (within Ontario)
- Ability to be resourceful, and intuitive (able to look for answers)
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.