Functional Specialist Officer
Toronto, ON | Temporary
Role: Operations Officer III
Duration: 1 year (possibility of extension)
Pay Rate: $20 an hour
The Functional Specialist supports Operations Control by providing oversee all aspects of reconciliations, exception identification and distribution, and reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a specialized team of officers responsible for reconciling over 3,000 accounts and distributing exceptions to the applicable Wealth Operations processing teams for resolution.
- IT Knowledge - broad range with a high level of familiarity of technologies and IT practices, including advanced knowledge of various systems, including Java/Workflow, Microsoft, Mainframe, Distributed systems, Networking, and large-scale infrastructure software.
- Support internal and external Audits (e.g. IIROC, SOX) by providing details regarding team functions and activities and submitting required supporting documentation.
- Identify opportunities to improve internal processes and standardize processes where appropriate to better the employee experience and ultimately the client experience. Facilitate change through positive reinforcement of milestones and successes. Escalate issues to the business and senior management where necessary to ensure a high level of service is maintained.
- Lead representative for Operations Control on all projects (requirements, testing-participate in and preliminary sign off on): provide status timely and regular updates
- Support change management activities around projects or initiatives undertaken-ensure clear communication of new processes.
- Responsible for ongoing updates to internal process documentation and ensuring that procedures are current and complete.
- Provide expert knowledge and understanding of all end to end on boarding business processes and procedures, including macros/End User Computing.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Wealth businesses and operational functions including strong familiarity with multiple applications and books of record used.
- 3 to 5 years accounting or other related industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills to identify and resolve issues' relating to accounts that are out of balance. Perform complex investigations and root cause analysis efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and ability to prioritize and manage the workflow of the team.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Fluency in delivering complex information with clarity and precision to internal partners.
- Ability to work with other operational and technology areas to implement process improvements and address the root causes of reconciliation differences.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, particularly MS Excel, MS Access and PowerPoint
Additional Note: Candidate should have a clear Credit & Criminal background check
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.