Toronto, ON | Contract
Type: 12 Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the public sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Guidewire Architect to join their reputable organization on a contract basis in Toronto. The architect will help with all phases of a complex project implementation from architectural solution design, validation of implementation efforts/estimates to guidance for project execution and deployment into production.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Ensure that the architecture checkpoint/Gating process is adhered to and all relevant artifacts are successfully created and stored for easy access
- Work with project architecture team (Guidewire, Legacy, and Data Architect) while interfacing between vendor’s team, and management to provide innovative and efficient approach to the technical designs. Making sure that end-to-end design and architecture (Guidewire, integration, Data, and Legacy) deliverables are up to our standards
- Contribute Architecture to view to IT Strategy and refresh periodically
- Collaborate to align and prioritize project initiatives roadmap to business and IT strategies
- Conduct user interface reviews, determine impacts of infrastructure change and ensure solutions are aligned with corporate strategy, objectives, and architectural principles.
- Analyze complex business requirements to determine the options and recommend optimal implementation within the framework of the existing applications architecture
- Participate as an application architect on application projects assuring overall technical quality of developed solutions. Escalate issues related to design and architecture throughout the project life cycle.
- Conduct application architecture reviews as well as integration interface and integration points review.
- Work with a team of product Solution Architects on Guidewire application code reviews to ensure the proper level of product customization and solution upgradability
- Assist in technology selection decisions, manage technology risks for the project team
- Ensure physical data model supports the performance, privacy, and security requirements
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work with Solution Architects, Data Architect and Developers in matters related to the applications architecture.
- Hands-on experience in multiple architecture domains – application & solution architecture
- Ability to represent architecture in initiatives as identified in statements of work or RFI/RFP documents and the evaluation of vendor responses yielding solution recommendations
- Ability to assist the Manager of Architecture in the building of efficient architecture layers that promote cost savings, ease of use to customers, simplified architecture and promotes improved agility to our business stakeholders
- Contribute to intellectual capital through the development of leading-edge methods for IT delivery and architecture development
- Evaluation of technology innovation with business needs by leading proof of concept projects
- Project Support
- Strong understanding of open systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web services, and legacy systems
- Ability to interpret enterprise solution architecture and requirements documents through building application architecture and designs to UML
- Working knowledge of the Guidewire Suite Data Model and overarching business processes a plus
- Provide Guidewire subject matter expertise across the Suite
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with Property & Casualty Insurance business processes
- Ability to act as a technical interface between vendor’s team, architecture team and management to provide innovative and efficient approach to the technical designs.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: PABresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.