Guidewire Data Management Architect
Toronto, ON | Contract
Guidewire Data Management Architect
Type: 2 Year Contract
Our client, a major organization within the public sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Guidewire Data Management Architect to join their esteemed organization on a long-term contract. The Guidewire Data Management Architect is responsible to collaboratively ensure data management governance of a large project diverse multi-vendor team to align business expectations with complex technical designs.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Architecture Governance
- Ensure effective and efficient Architecture reviews and ADA forums for data management aspects of project execution.
- Work on assessments of technical solutions
- Ensure that the architecture checkpoint/Gating process is adhered to and all relevant artifacts are successfully created and stored for easy access.
- Communicate EA policy, Governance Framework, patterns & standards as related to data management practices
- Collaborate to align and prioritize corporate initiatives roadmap to business and IT strategies.
- Conduct architectural reviews and integrate, as required, legislative requirements and business processes around data management practices
- Conduct technical reviews, determine impacts of infrastructure change and ensure solutions are aligned with corporate strategy, objectives and architectural principles.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of reference architecture frameworks, policy & standards and to educate across IT domains to ensure compliance.
- Participate as an architect on application design projects assuring overall technical quality of developed solutions
- Work on Guidewire DataHub/InfoCenter application code reviews to ensure the proper level of product customization and solution upgradability
- Assist in technology selection decisions; mitigate technology risks for the project team.
- Ensure physical data model supports the performance, privacy, and security requirements.
- Drive high throughput, highly scalable and high performance applications considering the legacy systems as the constraints.
- Ensure conceptual and high level designs that incorporate the appropriate input and assets from the various platform specialists and domain experts.
- Work with application developers, resolution of Code remediation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Detailed working knowledge of the Guidewire Suite Data Model, DataHub/InfoCenter data
- Strong interpersonal, persuasion and presentation skills; teaching and public speaking experience
- Hands-on expertise in multiple architectural domains related to data management and reporting - enterprise, business architecture, application & solution architecture
- Ability to represent architecture in initiatives as identified in statements of work or RFI/RFP documents and the evaluation of vendor responses yielding solution recommendations
- Ability to assist the Director of Architecture in the building of efficient architecture layers that promote cost savings, ease of use to customers, simplified architecture and promotes improved agility to our business stakeholders
- Keep abreast of industry (both technical and business-related)
- Strong understanding of open systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web services, and legacy systems.
- Ability to interpret enterprise solution architecture and requirements
- structures and reporting artifacts along with the overarching business processes
- Provide Guidewire data model subject matter expertise across the Suite
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with Property & Casualty Insurance business processes (Worker Compensation LOB)
- Ability to act as a technical interface between engineering and database teams to provide innovative and efficient approach to the technical designs
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.