Guidewire Technical Lead
Toronto, ON | Contract
Guidewire Technical Lead
Type: 2-Year Contract
Location: Downtown Toronto
Our client, a leading organization within the public insurance sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Guidewire Technical Lead to join their esteemed organization on a 2-year contract in downtown Toronto. The Guidewire Technical Lead will work with management in the construction and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products, and high-quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Providing details to business/technical issues and ensure that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met
- Providing high quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and providing knowledge transfer to team members
- Providing feedback, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs.
- Work with system solutions to handle confidential data/information and transfers
- Performing system installations and software testing
- Translating logical data model to physical data model
- Conducting technical and detailed design walkthroughs and code reviews
- Functioning in a support capacity, communicating options for resolution of software issues
- Defining data models and processing models based on the business requirements to to meet the needs of the organization's information requirements and helping to determine data requirements, normalization, structure and distribution
- Participating in defects meetings
- Supporting all testing, code drop release notes and the implementation of development components
- Providing timely reporting on work progress status to the project manager, team lead and/or manager
- Following the software development methodology (agile) and databases standards
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Guidewire products (PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, ClaimCenter), preferably version 7.0, in technical consultant/lead role during implementation and maintenance phases
- 10+ years’ experience in design, build, configure, deploy, support, and maintenance of Enterprise solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in Java based technologies with general knowledge of specific components such as Authentication/Authorization, Active Directory, LDAP, CICS Transaction Gateway, JMS, MQ, JDBC, FTP, Mail etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing business applications that have transaction data in ORACLE and / or SQL DB
- 5+ years’ experience in distributed system integration technologies that span various platforms and operating systems
- 5+ years’ experience in HTTP/S, FTP technologies including Secure FTP, FTPS, sFTP etc
- 5+ years of experience in Redhat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x/6.x and AIX 5/7.x Operating system
- Strong troubleshooting capability
- Excellent communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs.
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
- Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges.
- Good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast pace project team with good listening skills
- 5+ years’ experience in IBM WebSphere MQ / WebSphere Message Broker products
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.