IT Architect (Server & Storage)
Greater Toronto Area, ON | Direct Hire
IT Architect (Server & Storage)
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an IT Architect (Server & Storage) to join their reputable organization on a full-time permanent basis in the heart of Toronto. The IT Architect is responsible to drive and create innovative solutions to solve complex technical and technological challenges, to ensure the highest level of reliability, efficiency, and quality of IT systems. This role provides major input to strategic leadership, management, and oversight on behalf of Security and Enterprise Architecture primarily in, but not limited to the areas of: server and storage infrastructure development, deployment, and application deployment, integration, operation, and reporting.
You will have the opportunity to work for a large organization that has over half a million customers in the city of Toronto alone; it is also an organization that is committed to your professional development as there are various opportunities within this company!
- Designs IT Asset Management model including life cycle and framework (aligned to corporate goals) that drive and improve IT system reliability, quality and timeliness of IT service, cost and/or safety.
- Develops IT functional technology strategy and system plans, including conducting technical research, trending analysis, specifications, and the creation of white papers.
- Identifies IT Security and Technology risk management requirements as they relate to servers, applications, and storage. Works with the IT Architect, Cyber Security in the development, implementation, and monitoring of Cyber Security strategy
- Develop roadmaps for both physical and logical security
- Identification of controls, barriers, and technologies to support, and improve the company’s technology and security posture
- Develops technology standards and gains approval from IT Senior Management and Executive
- Provides technical leadership for solution design architecture to support business cases and problem and incident management, including leading technical/technological Proof of Concepts for both Applications and Reporting
- Manages and audits IT project execution technical governance to ensure technical standards compliance and/or exceptions
- Other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree (e.g. Computer Engineering) or a suitable combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in IT Enterprise / Solution Architecture
- Experience reviewing contracts (ideally RFP/RFQ contracts)
- Experience evaluating storage technology and making recommendations, including cost/benefit analysis
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc, PhD) preferred
- Minimum 5 years technical leadership experience
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, Cloud, and ERP technologies preferred.
- Extensive experience both Operational and Projects including the planning and execution of system implementations.
- Knowledge of and experience in the IT industry – standards creation in Application Development and Reporting Frameworks
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture and / or Solution Architecture standards, methodologies, and tools
- Knowledge of Incident and Problem Management and Technical Governance structures
- Knowledge of the current IT industry and system planning
- Knowledge of safety by design and job planning for safety
- Excellent computer and technology literacy and high proficiency in Integration, Reporting, Infrastructure, Operating System, and database management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Ability to builds strong relationships
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.