IT Development Team Lead
Greater Toronto Area, ON | Direct Hire
IT Development Team Lead
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, one of the largest distributors of specialty and natural foods in Canada, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an IT Development Team Lead to join their esteemed organization on a full-time permanent opportunity in Mississauga. The primary responsibility for the IT Development Team Lead is to lead with the assistance of the Director of IT the planning, direction, organization, and control of all IT development services. This includes: Budget Planning, Capital Expenditures proposals and executions, Software Development for the Canadian Systems, IT controlled projects, Operational Support including first contact service desk inquiries, Network and Phone Communications, and Photocopier fax maintenances contracts.
This is a creative organization that has a high involvement environment where there’s a lot of freedom to create your own role and work towards making a difference. You’ll be surrounded by high-energy and hardworking individuals.
Key Responsibilities for IT Development Team Lead:
- Develop, Support, and maintain all current I.T. Application Systems including:
- Hands on Design, Development, and implementation of both new I.T. applications and enhancements of legacy ones
- Project leadership role in overseeing both I.T. and business areas meet commitments to insure successful project implementations. PMP certification would be desirable but not mandatory.
- Meet on a regular basis with TOL User areas on EDI issues, new projects, and improvements
- Suggest improvements to current systems to make them more cost effective and efficient.
- Training of user areas (including I.T.) in new applications and changes to existing ones
- Resolving any application problems with main ERP platform
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information
- Budget and Expense Management
- Develop and manage Canada IT strategies and direction
- Manage Contract programmers
- Direct major system redesign projects
- IT support of all TOLC associates
- Design, recommend and execute business IT application solutions for projects assigned
- Assist with IT Supplier Contracts
- Lead and develop IT development staff
- Manage EDI technical customer services and Complaints
- Manage & design Data warehouse for Canada
- Assist with IT related capital projects
- Assist with Photocopier / fax Contracts & maintenance
- Assist with Phone / Network and Cell Contracts and maintenance
- Assist with Canada software contracts
- Must maintain good attendance, maintain safe work practices, and maintain safeguards of confidential company information
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
Requirements for IT Development Team Lead:
- 10+ years Knowledge of AS/400 O.S. including RPGLE and associated application development tools
- At least 5 years of senior project leadership skills
- WEB development that is oriented to a Transactional ERP Environment
- SQL knowledge and VB.net and ASP.net highly desirable
- Knowledge of EDI Translation tools and mapping would be desirable
- Proven record of accomplishment of senior application development and design (5+ Years)
- Ability to work independently almost immediately in the position
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle difficult situations and pressure
- Willingness to teach others Web development techniques
- Strong cross application knowledge, emphasizing logistics, finance, supply chain and warehousing
- Good organization and communication skills. Ability to write and communicate clearly in English
- Understanding of Telecommunication concepts
- Understanding of Networking concepts
- Understanding of Budgeting & expense management
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.