Toronto, Ontario | Temporary
Job Title: Java Developer
Location: Downtown, Toronto
Duration: 6 Months
Our financial client in downtown Toronto is seeking developer who has around 10-12 years of total experience with around 8 years in Java and Oracle on Unix platform.
Successful candidate will develop applications, generate files & reports, convert files (ETL), write code for real time and batch processing on Unix platform, Expertise in Java and Oracle on the Unix platform is a must, along with following skills.
• Familiar with Unix/Linux utilities/tools such as awk, grep, sed, vi, sort, cut, etc.
• Unix/Linux bash, Shell scripting
• sql, pl/sql
• Agile Methodology
• Working experience with infrastructure team for scheduling job (Tidal or other), opening network connectivities
• Provide production support.
• Preferred – Good understanding of IT in banking industry, previous experience in Capital Markets
The main function of a Developer is to design, develop, and implement applications using general languages and technologies to support business requirements.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 10 years’ experience required
• Development experience in needed language or technology (e.g. - C#, C++, HTML)
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end
• Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to:
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.