Oracle (PL/SQL) Database Administrator
Toronto, ON | Contract
Oracle (PL/SQL) Database Administrator
Type: 1-Year Contract
Our client, a major organization, within the utilities industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Oracle (PL/SQL) Database Administrator to join their reputable organization on a 1 year contract with a possibility of permanent hire after contract. The Oracle (PL/SQL) Database Administrator will be responsible for the identification and implementation of effective analysis and solutions to meet business goals within the Customer Care division of the organization.
You will have the opportunity to work for a large organization that has over half a million customers in the city of Toronto alone; it is also an organization that is committed to your professional development!
- Assists with the preparation of strategic business plans to align with corporate objectives and ensure Customer Care KPI’s and strategic objectives are met
- Leads the identification, cost/benefit analysis, recommendation to Senior Management, and development of divisional improvement solutions and programs to support strategic objectives
- Assesses and evaluates the current state of the Customer Services (Call Centre, Accounts Receivable, Meter Data Collection and Management) operational environment, identifying new opportunities and risks
- Researches, develops, extracts and validates data and processes required to support Customer Services and collaborative divisional related OEB rate filings, Regulatory reporting, regulatory and legislative consultative processes and directives, internal and external audits, participating in narrative drafting/interrogatory responses and face-to-face meetings with external regulatory bodies.
- Acts as both a key business resource and/or lead for projects and initiatives within the Customer Services division, managing multiple initiatives, developing work plans, facilitating, and introducing new processes and technology to staff, and ensuring projects meet milestones and high-quality standards.
- Collaborates with and leads vendor relationship management activities and strategies, including establishing standards of performance, conducting vendor meetings and audits, and implementing appropriate controls to measure and manage service standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree/College diploma in Business Administration or other relevant professional designation or a combination of equivalent related training and applicable experience
- Must have intermediate level experience with Oracle database SQL
- Must be familiar with technology enhancement project type of work, from business unit perspective
- Must be strong with process optimization
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in business process redesign, analysis for business projects, identification of areas for improvement and development of new initiatives
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with data analysis and presentation of findings for effective decision making
- Business and strategic thinking acumen
- Good understanding of business issues and challenges (specifically in a customer service environment)
- Excellent analytical and business solution development skills, including the proven ability to function effectively in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of systems related to customer services; Knowledge of AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure), customer billing and accounts receivable systems
- Strong facilitation and stakeholder management skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Contract and vendor management skills
- Knowledge of process re-engineering techniques
- Awareness of project management processes, principles, and methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of writing SQL queries to support data analytics, including strong understanding of database structures
- Ability to develop statistical tracking methodologies to track performance and measurement against set standards of quality
- Ability to develop dependable feedback systems and tracking
- Fully proficient in use of MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio and other project management tools
- Project management Institute PMP Certification considered an asset
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.