Product Engineering Director
Greater Toronto Area, ON | Direct Hire
Product Engineering Director
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, a legendary organization within the entertainment industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a talented Product Engineering Director to join their creative organization on a full-time permanent opportunity. The ideal candidate will have a desire to lead, coach, and mentor. The Product Engineering Director will build a culture and work environment that attracts, retains and motivates the highest caliber of skilled technology and engineering professionals.
This organization is the world’s leading entertainment technology company, where they revolutionized the way the world experiences movies. You’ll have the opportunity to work with passionate and creative people in a motivating and positive environment.
- Build a culture and work environment that attracts, retains, and motivates the highest caliber of skilled technology and engineering professionals.
- Lead and manage technical aspects of engineering projects.
- Oversee quality control checks for project work to drive quality and functional excellence.
- Providing a metrics dashboard on team performance.
- Understand driving factors in customer experience by interfacing with our Quality and Customer Service organizations.
- Drive continuous improvements in test processes, reliability, and repeatability metrics by interfacing with our Test and Quality teams.
- Partner with our Supply Chain Management team to ensure continuous supply of critical components and lead qualification of alternate source parts.
- Drive process improvements back into product development as well as the disposition of field quality issues and repairs.
- Manage team members by setting goals and objectives, coaching, reviewing performance and establishing a positive working environment.
- Assign and monitor team resource deployments across multiple projects and flexibly manage and adapt resources.
- Simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities.
- Define system and subsystem requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- Provide guidance on input to project work estimates with the technology PMO.
- Other duties as required
- A university degree in Electrical or Software Engineering or equivalent; a P.Eng. Designation is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience introducing new products to manufacture from both a technical and managerial perspective.
- Must have a strong understanding of development environments, configuration management and complete design lifecycle.
- Must fully understand (and had prior experience in) introducing a new engineering product successfully into manufacture and fully support the product throughout its marketable life.
- Working knowledge of audio/visual standards, HDMI, HDCP and/or HDSDI, and/or AES/EBU
- Personal passion for excellence in audio/visual entertainment.
- Working knowledge of CPU and/or DSP and/or FPGA applications.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet sockets, and various communication control protocols.
- Good understanding of engineering data packages for contract manufacturing.
- Ability to follow complex concepts in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have previously been a skilled engineer/designer.
- Strong process and technical knowledge of systems engineering; software, electrical & mechanical engineering; and control systems.
- Knowledge of regulatory and certification processes FCC, UL, CSA, BD, CE, CCC, BIS, Etc.
- Strong communicator, able to present their views clearly to peers, staff, and senior management.
- Previous exposure combining technical leadership and business management.
- Capable of performing well in a fast-paced, fluid, dynamic and somewhat unstructured environment.
- Prior experience developing and managing departmental budgets and project work estimates.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.