Mississauga, ON | Direct Hire
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an Architect to join their innovative organization on a full-time permanent opportunity. The Production Architect is responsible for initiating development activities and making recommendations to support the organization’s technical infrastructure.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles. On top of a competitive salary, there’s also merit bonuses, benefits, and three weeks’ vacation with this opportunity!
- Provide expert advice and counsel to stakeholders (clients, business, subject matter experts, management, security, application development/support (on- and off-shore), infrastructure, networking, etc.) on complex technical issues
- Research external environment for best practices, current and emerging technology advances
- Conduct evaluation of new technologies and recommends changes to improve operational effectiveness
- Develop new ways of utilizing technology to provide innovative, high impact technical services and solutions that realize significant business results
- Develop standards and protocols for effectively utilizing technology
- Develop migration and integration strategies for major systems
- Utilize Project Life Cycle methodology as applied to software development projects.
- Coordinate major problem solutions with software vendors, service vendors, hardware manufacturers and appropriate in-house expertise.
- Lead the development of technical staff through information sharing in the forms of presentations, technical documents, and hands-on mentoring
- Evaluate and recommend process and control solutions to improve risk management
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working on technical application design and implementation
- Excellent component architecture and OO programming skills with a thorough understanding of distributed computing concepts; SOA, web services, microservices, and application of common design patterns.
- Must understand the appropriate use of synchronous and asynchronous message passing
- Solid experience in web enabled application development, supported via UML design, Java / J2EE backend, and various MVC/MVW front-end solution approaches using JSP/JSF or modern web frameworks such as angular, vue, and react.
- Demonstrated experience in web security (session-based, token-based), certificate security, mitigating common vulnerabilities, and applying principles such as “defense in depth” and “fail securely”
- Strong experience designing 3-tier architecture environments to support varied browsers, application servers, and various backend data sources.
- Skilled in the application of intermediary facilities such as reverse proxies, firewalls, and load balancers
- Solid experience in OOP (Java, C#), SQL (Postgres, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2, including triggers and stored procedures), NoSQL (Hbase, Hive, graph databases, Cassandra), Big Data platforms (Hadoop), Big Data tools (Spark, Lucene, stream processing eg. Flink), Machine Learning (Fundamental concepts, tools such as Tensorflow/Caffe/Keras)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux/UNIX-AIX, ssh/scp, shell scripting, environment automation (provisioning, virtualization, containerization)
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (verbal and written)
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.