Production Support Lead
Toronto, ON | Contract
Production Support Lead
Type: 1-Year Contract
Our client, a major organization within the public sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Production Support Lead to join their esteemed organization on a 1 year contract in Toronto. The Production Support Lead will work with management on an application project.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Work with Production Support team resource requirements such as systems administrators needed for upgrades, patching, software installation;
- Determine implementation schedules and working out release scope and content with change management, release management, transition to operation and other technical teams;
- Work with Production Support team resource plan in order to meet the delivery schedule as required by project(s)
- Work with the Production Support systems administrators’ activities, other teams, and service delivery partners to provide software upgrades, patching, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, testing support and production implementation;
- Ensure Production Support technical documentation are updated and presents it to the relevant authorities;
- Ensure that team members adhere to applicable standards, policies and procedures such as IT security;
- Provide product, technology, non-technical and/or technical support to enable implemented systems to operate smoothly and optimize productivity for clients.
- Other duties as required
- 6 years of hands-on experience in working with a team of IT system administrators in the planning, analysis, upgrading, installation and configuration of software such as IBM Message Queue & Message Broker, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM Cognos.
- 5 years’ experience and knowledge of project management theories and principles to coordinate projects such as system enhancements/modifications/upgrades
- 5 years’ experience working with a team in a dynamic environment to ensure delivery of quality service within timelines
- 2 years’ technical experience in unix (AIX and/or linux)
- 2 years’ technical experience in Windows 2003 or Windows 2008
- 2 years’ technical experience in IBM Message Queue / Message Broker and WebSphere Application Server
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.