Kitchener, ON | Contract
Our client is looking for a Program Manager on a 4 month contract in Kitchener, Waterloo. Specifically they require a highly skilled professional with significant experience developing and delivering large and complex IT programs. The successful candidate must demonstrate skill in helping senior executives clarify performance improvement objectives, regulatory requirements and organizational capability and be able to translate these into a plan.
They must demonstrate ability to interface with executives, technology and business specialists to create alignment, establish direction and lead the execution of initiatives. The successful must be equally comfortable dealing with financial/budget planning, risk management, and financial systems as he/she is dealing with regulatory, technology and legal issues.
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Effectively deliver a complex IT program through a matrix resource management model.
- Interface with a team of cross functional executives over the lifecycle of the program - Ensure that Program Management practices are applied to consolidate, plan, execute and govern multiple project initiatives.
- Work with the Enterprise Project Management Office to ensure appropriate practices, governance and controls are undertaken.
- Monitor appropriate risk management practices throughout the project/program lifecycle. Ensure scope, deliverables and requirements definitions support effective planning, execution and closing processes.
- Ensure that change, acceptance and approval management is proactive and effective on all projects.
- Collaborate with project managers and subject matter experts to ensure that high-level and detailed project plans are developed that focus on successful project execution and meeting business objectives.
- Ensure that appropriate processes, tools and techniques are used by the project teams.
- Ensure that timely communication occurs between project/program teams and their stakeholders.
- Proactively addresses sensitive issues and appropriately escalate issues and risks that require executive attention.
- Synthesize project status report and compile executive updates on accomplishments against milestones
- Creates and manages constructive relationships with Project Managers to effectively align performance expectations and results
- Works closely with other organizations to effectively align project resource requirements and work package leadership in support of project objectives.
- 7-10 years of progressive project/program management experience across IT and Business environments.
- Demonstrated experience leading large, complex programs or large multi-project initiatives.
- PMP certification is strongly desired, evidence of relevant applicable education and experience will be considered.
- Requires strong interpersonal, communication, managerial, motivational, organizational and planning skills.
- Vendor management experience required.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: BMRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.