Burlington, ON | Contract
Location: Montreal or Burlington
Type: 6-Month Contract
Our client, a leading organization within the telecommunication industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Project Manager to join their innovative organization on a 6-month contract in Montreal or Burlington. The PM will be responsible for leading enterprise-wide, cross functional strategic initiatives to create business value. The PM leads from the initial assessment until closure a variety of different types of projects including launching new products and services, improving operational excellence, or increasing the capacity of our telecommunication infrastructure.
This organization revolves around curious and creative people who are passionate about technology. Their collaborative culture values ideas and diverse perspectives from all.
Key Responsibilities for Project Manager:
- Establish and deliver projects according to business objectives to maximize business value.
- Manage stakeholder’s expectations, liaise with project’s sponsor, and facilitate communication as appropriate to all stakeholders
- Build and lead project teams often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
- Manage efficiently the project plan, budget, and scope. Identify project risks and issues and ensure appropriate and effective handling.
- Ensure all project requirements are and/or objectives are properly documented and vigorously pursued.
- Establish or confirm guidelines applicable to the project.
- Follow the PDLC methodology and promote and reinforce its use with the business and project teams
- Effectively coordinate and negotiate the change management process. Coordinate assigned project team members; ensure timely activity, integration and efficient use of time and resources to meet requirements.
- Skilled and experienced in business requirements gathering and analysis, and familiar with all phases of the system development lifecycle
- Collaborate with technical resources, business subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Actively participate in initial analysis completion for various customer requests, business requirements analysis, cost estimate preparation, solutions design and development, and quality assurance of the development process
- Lead high-level design walkthroughs
- Produce project plans and schedules for all efforts required for the successful delivery of projects
- Liaison with vendors for issues resolution
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for Project Manager:
- University Degree in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 8 years exposure to Information Technology or Network /Telecommunications environment
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in managing projects.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in requirements definition, feasibility studies, cost estimates, proposals, design, development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing and implementation
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Project Management excellence
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry
- Excellent communication, negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage more than one project in parallel within a matrix structure that is geographically distributed
- Strong analytical, planning, and budgeting skills
- PMP certification an asset
- French/English bilingual an asset
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.