Toronto, ON | Contract
Type: 1-Year Contract
Our client, a major organization within government, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Project Manager to join their esteemed organization on a 1 year contract in Toronto! The Project Manager will manage the project during the development, implementation and operations start up by ensuring that resources are made available and that the project is developed and is fully operational within previously agreed time, cost, and performance parameters.
This organization is within the public sector and will give you the opportunity to be a part of large projects that will directly benefit the society, and enrich your professional portfolio.
- Manages the project during the development, implementation and operations start up by ensuring that resources are made available and that the project is developed and is fully operational within previously agreed time, cost and performance parameters;
- Formulates statements of problems; establishes procedures for the development and implementation of significant, new or modified project elements to solve these problems, and obtains approval thereof;
- Defines and documents the objectives for the project; determines budgetary requirements, the composition, roles and responsibilities and terms of reference for the project team;
- Reports progress of the project on an ongoing basis and at scheduled points in the life cycle;
- Meets in conference with stakeholders and other project managers and states problems in a form capable of being solved;
- Prepares plans, charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing or displaying problems; works with a variety of project management tools;
- Actively managing and periodically reporting on project parameters like cost, quality, schedule, resource, RAID (Risk, Actions Issues, Decisions), business usability and stakeholder acceptance.
- Project sign-off
- Post closure support, as needed, while ensuring that the lessons learned and other project artifacts and deliverable repository are updated, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or a related discipline - or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- PMP designation
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Project Management role, preferably within the public sector
- Has experience in managing complex and large projects, from initiation to closeout; that have both a hardware and software component
- Has managed projects with many technical vendors, business stakeholders and/or multiple sponsor groups, including government stakeholders
- Experienced in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), MS Project and MS Visio
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written/presentation communications skills
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.