Greater Toronto Area, ON | Contract
Our client, a leading organization within the public sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Security Architect to join their esteemed organization on a contract basis in Toronto. The Security Architect will be responsible for IT Security efforts in the project streams, including the development and coordination of security artifacts, along with ensuring adherence to IT security policies.
This organization is within the public sector and will give you the opportunity to be a part of large projects that will directly benefit the society, and enrich your professional portfolio.
Key Responsibilities for Security Architect:
- Work with the various areas of the ITC; application and technology architecture staff, business clients, development, and technical staff to ensure the use and application of industry standard, best practice security architecture to optimize the effectiveness of corporate applications and databases.
- Communicate security design criteria and techniques associated with the design of security applications and mechanisms including reusable components that can be easily modified to respond quickly to changing corporate and business needs.
- Work on the construction of logical and physical security structures and mechanisms involving multiple purposes and systems
- Work on proposals for the IT Security and security architecture; provides technical design features and alternatives to ensure proper procedures for classification, protection, and contingency recovery, of common databases; identifies data components subject to privacy or confidentiality provisions
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for Security Architect:
- 5 years of intensive hands-on experience in SAS system administration on server and personal computer platform. Experience must include system & user security and system performance and management.
- 2 years working with SAS metadata.
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Solid research analysis skills
- Knowledge of the ISO17799 standards, GO ITS, NIST, Carnegie Mellon, COBIT standards/frameworks
- Knowledge of Information Security risk assessment methodologies and standards
- Knowledge & Experience with the following systems / applications;
- IBM WebSphere MQ and Messaging Integration Middleware (Message Broker)
- IBM Customer Information Control System (CICS) z/OS
- IBM DB2 Database for AIX
- IBM DB2 on z/OS Mainframe
- IBM Cognos Analytics
- SAS Software Business Intelligence & Analytics (SAS Server & SAS Statistician Server)
- SABA Learning Management System
- PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS 9.1
- OpenText RightFax Server & Desktop Client Software
- Pitney Bowes Spectrum version 12
- Computer Associates TopSecret Security & CA1/CA7/CA11 Scheduler for z/OS
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.