Senior Director of Engineering
Burlington, ON | Direct Hire
Senior Director of Engineering
Type: Full-time Permanent
Our client, a leading global provider of in-store consumer engagement technology, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Senior Director of Engineering to join their innovative organization on a full-time permanent opportunity. This is a new role that is the result of a growing organization that is looking to improve planning, monitoring, control and management of projects, resources, and processes. The Sr. Director of Engineering will be responsible for the full development cycle of products from inception to launch including on-time delivery of products and releases, implementing the appropriate methodologies to continuously improve Time to Market, best in class quality including new development projects awarded by customers, and maintenance of existing platforms.
This organization revolves around curious and creative people who are passionate about technology. Their collaborative culture values ideas and diverse perspectives from all. As this is a full-time permanent opportunity, there is also a comprehensive benefit package that will take care of your health and wellness needs, along with 100 percent RSP matching!
Key Responsibilities for Senior Director of Engineering:
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of products (Software, Hardware, and Custom Applications) while implementing the appropriate development methodologies to continuously improve Time To Market, simple deployment process and best in class quality.
- Instrumental in driving the processes and teams to continue to optimize the development of technology and delivery of service.
- Orchestrate the activities of the product development team from inception through product launch.
- Own the 24/7 reliability and delivery of the company’s products.
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Work closely with Operations, Sales & Marketing, and Business Development of the company to implement and launch features, partnerships, and new products.
- Manage the appropriate complexity and scale, driving engineering execution and quality attainment with a product-oriented mindset.
- Responsible for project roadmaps, feature sets, and implementation schedules.
- Manage motivate and scale the team.
- Other duties as required
Requirements for Senior Director of Engineering:
- Related education
- 10+ years managing and growing teams of 25+ in a technology based company
- Savvy software programmer and software professional
- Experience in project management
- Experience working in a Digital Signage/Customer Engagement environment including a software platform that integrates command and control sensors along with technology such as LCDs, LEDs, kiosks, mobile and more - a strong advantage
- Experienced in waterfall and agile methodologies, milestones/releases driven managed in JIRA.
- Experienced in Java and Linux
- Success developing and scaling a highly sophisticated platform and service to support high demand and high availability
- Combination of management and hands-on experience developing enterprise-class software and systems, or high scale, high availability consumer web, core software development
- Proven experience managing cloud and web-based services and applications
- Customer and quality focus
- Ability to quickly grasp and fully understand the underlying technology
- High-energy, positive, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, driven by success and passionate about building great products
- Excellent communication skills
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.