Senior Infrastructure Manager
Greater Toronto Area, ON | Direct Hire
Senior Infrastructure Manager
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, a global organization within the talent mobility solutions industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Senior Infrastructure Manager to join their prestigious organization on a full-time permanent opportunity.This position reports to the Vice President, Infrastructure & Operations and is directly accountable for the leadership, daily management and direction of the IT telephony, network, and database teams.
As a global organization with continuous business growth, this is the type of organization where instead of having to leave to find the next role, many opportunities surface in another part of the company. The work culture is also based on mutual respect and teamwork.
- Lead and manage a global team responsible for:
- Legacy PBX, VoIP telephony and Videoconferencing (Avaya, Cisco, TelePresence)
- TCP/IP LAN / WAN networks (Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, MPLS, Structured Cabling)
- Database (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Cloud Providers
- Provide the direction and guidance necessary to lead the team through project planning and other large collaboration efforts, while fostering an environment of open communication and problem solving.
- Provide thought leadership on strategy, cost-optimization, innovation and efficiency improvement.
- Ensure that IT assets (software and hardware) are managed and tracked based on agreed upon processes.
- Ensure that operational stability, integrity, and compliance are achieved and maintained through the development and implementation of departmental standards.
- Manage education and training programs for the team, including fostering a culture of continuous improvement and providing direct staff mentoring when required.
- Develop reporting metrics, dashboards, and status reports for the team, including performance against SLAs and KPIs. Ensure ticket resolution metrics are provided to track productivity and performance.
- Research, recommend, and facilitate changes and improvements to the people, processes, and technologies to meet changing business needs using professional experience, business feedback and input from industry experts and organizations.
- Responsible for decisions and final recommendations that often impact the entire organization.
- Assist in the development of the vision and strategies of technologies and solutions, while collaborating with other IT leadership in the planning and implementation of technology roadmaps.
- Contribute to the design, documentation and testing of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Responsible for vendor management and investigation of sources of equipment, software and services. Evaluates vendor cost and quality of services.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical discipline required.
- 7+ years of experience in technical roles involving Microsoft SQL Server and TCP/IP networking
- 7+ years in an IT leadership role
- Previous people management experience is required
- Solid understanding of industry best practices and standards including ITIL Service Management.
- Proficiency required in developing ROI / Business Value models and managing the ongoing assessment of project delivery quality
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and with employees at all levels/areas of the organization
- Excellent customer service skills, including both verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced analytical, consulting, negotiating, and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to manage and motivate in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exceptionally self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language appropriate to both executive and managerial audiences.
- Deadline oriented with strong attention to detail
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to OBUresume@bagg.com.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.