Senior Program Manager
Mississauga, ON | Contract
Senior Program Manager
Type: 6-Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Program Manager to join their reputable organization on a 6-month contract. The Program Manager has overall ownership and accountability for the successful delivery of large and complex projects/programs for the organization. He/she will work closely and autonomously with senior resources and resources of other departments and clients to provide guidance in defining the scope of programs, prepare all necessary documentation and will be responsible for ensuring quality standards are adhered to and that programs are completed on time, on specification, and on budget.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles.
Key Responsibilities for Program Manager:
- End-to-end ownership and management of large/complex projects and/or strategic initiatives with more than 20 team members and a manpower budget of over $250K to $20M with the accountability for the delivery of multiple projects including the creation and management of project charter, comprehensive project plan, and detailed implementation plan ensuring the project scope is scheduled in manageable components.
- Interacting with senior executives and managing client expectations
- Ownership and accountable for managing approved program budget and track costs to ensure project spend is aligned to scope.
- Closely monitor timelines and financial budgets against approved budget and proactively take action should any of the above be inconsistent with project charter / plan.
- Manage the efforts of inter-disciplinary teams
- Allocate and organize project work packages and resources effectively to plan.
- Identify, anticipate, and document issues and risks and provide mitigation recommendations
- Escalate key issues/risks to Executive Sponsors to ensure timely action is taken to maintain project schedule.
- Responsible for communication management
- Accountable to work directly with Clients to ensure project objectives are achieved within the planned schedule and client expectations are managed appropriately
- Adhere to project management methodology, enterprise processes (i.e. change management) and business processes (ODLC)
- Responsible to ensure project artifacts are stored in a central repository and audit requirements are met.
- Lead and direct assigned resources in the completion of Due Diligence efforts for Bid Approvals.
- Completion of documentation may include the preparation of Statements of Work Proposal, contracts, work effort estimates, and high-level requirements analysis.
- Protect the project’s scope to ensure that scope creep does not result by enforcing adherence to enterprise change management procedures.
- Interview and select third party vendors and contractors as required
- Lead and provide guidance and support to junior project managers in their project management development.
- Direct and assign direct report resources to incoming projects
- Provide direction and leadership to direct reports to empower decision making
- Lead and perform project close out activities which would include post-project reviews, lessons learnt and best practices. Outline recommendations for future projects.
- Provide performance feedback on project team members.
- Other duties as required
Requirements for Program Manager:
- University degree/PMP Designation preferred
- Must have 5-7 years of Project / Program Management experience with demonstrated results.
- Experience with senior stakeholder management; ability to manage client expectations
- Experience managing projects from 10-20 million dollars
- Strong knowledge of the Project Management Institute’s approach to Project Management and demonstrated successful completion of an advanced Project Management course.
- Proven track record for leading major/enterprise projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead high impact/complex projects involving Operations, Technology and Clients which have significant financial impact to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and acquire commitment from senior personnel across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment to meet the high demands of a complex project
- Position may require minimal travel to sites across Canada (mainly to the Toronto Office occasionally)
- Position may require “off-hours” support during implementations as the business operates during the evening and early morning shifts.
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to clearly and confidently articulate to senior executives and stakeholders
- Proven leadership, management, and negotiating skills
- Proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding and focus on information security data privacy a nice to have
- Financial industry background experience a nice-to-have
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.