Senior Technical Support Analyst
Toronto, ON | Contract
Senior Technical Support Analyst
Location: Downtown Toronto
Type: 5-Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within government, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Senior Technical Support Analyst to join their esteemed organization on a contract basis in Toronto. The Senior Technical Support Analyst will provide the highest level of support to end users by handling service requests that have been escalated by lower tiers and to administer network infrastructure. Support will be provided onsite, remotely, over the phone, or via email.
This organization is within the public sector and will give you the opportunity to be a part of large projects that will directly benefit the society, and enrich your professional portfolio.
- Design, build, implement and support a multi-location Datacenter solution utilizing a VMWare 6.5 virtual server environment running on multi-located ESXi hosts and SAN’s.
- Expert level hands-on knowledge of Windows 2016, 2012R2 server running on a virtualized platform.
- Using best practices, design, test and roll-out a datacenter disaster recovery and business continuity plan using such tools as SRM, vMotion and other backup and administration tools.
- Monitors network and systems security and performance on site to site connections between offices and datacenter locations.
- Assess end point systems and end-user requirements to analyze, design, recommend, and implement hardware/software upgrades and/or replacements and long term strategic initiatives.
- Recommend systems/server upgrades, performance improvements, security patching, new applications and hardware requirements.
- Analyzes workflow, data access, information, and security requirements.
- Monitors network performance issues
- Secures network by administering network/server access controls, monitoring, security controls, evaluation and maintaining up to date documentation.
- Escalates and reports problems to 3rd party support vendors, where applicable and Manager of IT.
- Supports Sharepoint online, Office 365, OneDrive, Skype for Business and other collaboration tools.
- Manages Active Directory and Group policies within Windows servers and Exchange email.
- Meets organizational requirements by submitting information for budgets, assessments, audits and expenses.
- Updates job knowledge, including participating in educational opportunities, reading relevant publications, and attending professional conferences
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or other related field of study, or an acceptable combination of post-secondary education, training and/or relevant experience
- One or more of the following certifications: MCSE, MCP, CISSP, CISM, VCA, VCP, COMPTia security, GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials.
- A minimum five (5+) years of recent computer, server, network and data center design and support.
- A minimum five (5) years of experience supporting 250+ staff in a multi-office and remote office locations.
- Systems administration. (servers, systems, switches, firewalls, access points, mobile solutions and infrastructure)
- Very strong skillset in infrastructure security and monitoring tools
- Senior troubleshooting experience
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.