Greater Toronto Area, ON | Contract
Location: Toronto or Mississauga
Type: 6-Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Support Specialist to join their esteemed organization on a 6-month contract in the heart of Toronto or Mississauga. The Support Specialist will provide technical and operational expertise for the organization’s applications, platforms, and business processes.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles. On top of a competitive salary, there’s also merit bonuses, benefits, and three weeks’ vacation with this opportunity!
Key Responsibilities for Support Specialist:
- Monitor and manage incidents which includes assessment, decision making and execution
- Investigate and resolve very complex and unusual incidents.
- Manage and participate in the resolution of problems following ITIL best practices.
- Manage and maintains the escalation and notification procedures ensuring compliance with the Enterprise Incident Management process.
- Manage and maintains ongoing communication regarding incidents, at all levels.
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Manage feedback for Knowledge Management documentation and tools for Service Support processes and procedures.
- Provide input on the development and maintenance of adequate measures to minimize the impact of operational breakdowns
- Assist in the evaluation of initiatives in terms of benefit, scope, risks, impact, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Provide or participate in the development of implementation plans
- Provide implementation and post implementation support
- Coordinate incident resolution with software vendors, hardware manufacturers and development teams.
- Liaise with subject matter experts, development teams, implementation support, production support and monitoring staff to define technical specifications, scope, and objectives.
- Participate in “on-call” support where required.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for Support Specialist:
- College or university degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Completion of a leadership training course in College or University program or the equivalent in related experience
- 5 + years of related work experience
- HDI Support Center Analyst Certification
- ITIL V2 or V3 Foundations Certification
- Business and management skills
- Excellent leadership and customer relations/service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.