Technical Systems Analyst
Toronto, ON | Contract
Technical Systems Analyst
Type: 6 Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Technical Systems Analyst to join their esteemed organization on a contract basis in Toronto. The Technical Systems Analyst will implement complex and innovative Windows Server environment to support the business.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles.
- Provide application reconciliation reports to team and take action to fix the gap based on report.
- Implement complex and innovative Windows Server environments to support the business.
- Provide system administration support on all Windows servers
- Work closely with Computing & Network Services, Production/Development/QA and Application Support teams to support business applications
- Provide second level sysadmin support on all Windows servers and hypervisors.
- Investigate and troubleshoot server availability and performance issues
- Provide second level support for Active Directory and Exchange issues
- Develop and provide subject matter expertise for at least one infrastructure service/ technology supported by the server team – DNS, DHCP, Forefront TMG, IBM Connect Direct, FTP/SFTP, Opentext Rightfax, Cisco UCS
- Lead the team on a weekly rotation to manage the flow of IRs/CRs in the system, assignment of CNS Intake requests to group members
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in an enterprise administration role supporting Windows servers.
- Powershell or vbscript skills to query AD, computer info, account info etc
- Experience of inventory reconciliation
- Hands on skills of using powershell/vbscript/etc tools to compare and analyze txt/csv/excel report
- College or University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Windows Servers MCSA
- Ability to be a team player in a highly technical real-time environment.
- Excellent communication and written skills a must
- Strong analytical and organization skills a must.
- Team player, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven troubleshooting and diagnosing skills in resolving technical issues.
- On-call duty will be required.
- After hours and weekend work as required.
- Required travel in the GTA, car required. There may be the odd visit to one of the National data centres for project/production support.
- Experience supporting a large windows server farm (atleast 100+ Windows 2008 or 2012 servers)
- Hyper-v/ SCVMM
- Hands-on experience with enterprise class server hardware (IBM/ HP/ Sun/ Oracle/ CISCO UCS)
- OS deployment using RIS/ WDS/ MDT/ AIK. Familiarity with PXE boot and dhcp.
- Good understanding of networking, osi model, commonly used tcp/ip protocols
- Basic understanding of enterprise class fc storage
- Troubleshoot performance bottlenecks
- Experience with backup applications and VSS
- FTP/ SFTP adminstration and support
- AD/ DNS administration and support
- 24/7 oncall experience
- Any experience with Sterling Commerce (IBM) Connect direct and/ or Opentext (Captaris) Rightfax would be a bonus.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.