Mississauga, ON | Contract
Type: 6-Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Unix Administrator to join their esteemed organization on a contract basis in the heart of Mississauga. The Unix Administrator will coordinate and perform all UNIX administrative functions and activities with the least disruption to production application availability; work with other IT teams to implement and maintain changes and diagnose all UNIX systems.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles. On top of a competitive salary, there’s also merit bonuses, benefits, and three weeks’ vacation with this opportunity!
- Follows and complies with ITIL process
- Applies required O/S patches, firmware upgrades and configuration changes
- Participates in the problem identification/resolution and root cause analysis process for Unix infrastructure.
- As an escalation point, assists in determining failing components and executes problem determination and resolution actions to minimize outage impacts to production environment.
- Works with other specialists to integrate, test, and maintain the reliability of the monitoring, management, and automation systems and facilities assuring high levels of availability and optimization.
- Provides technical mentorship, knowledge and expertise.
- Provides operating systems and server support, problem resolution, performance monitoring and tuning, system management and monitoring.
- Creates, debugs, and enhances monitoring scripts/tools for operations, and applications.
- Participates in disaster recovery and BCP planning, design, and execution.
- Maintains an inventory of system infrastructure components (server hardware, software licenses, maintenance agreements)
- Performs Shell scripting and application integration, configuration, system support and performance tuning.
- Other duties as assigned
- College/University education in related field
- 6 Years of Unix/Linux administrator experience in an environment with more than 50 Unix Servers.
- Must have Redhat Linux
- Excellent technical knowledge of the features/functionality and utilities of ancillary related technologies
- Works well under pressure and time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities
- Unix/Linux Virtualization experience
- Scripting (perl, Python, shell).
- Redhat Enterprise Vitalization (RHEV)
- Unix (AIX/Solaris/Linux)
- Storage integration and configuration
- Outstanding problem determination, troubleshooting, and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal, written communications, and listening skills
- Strong customer service skills and follow-up
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.