eServices Development Lead
Toronto, ON | Contract
eServices Development Lead
Our client, a leading organization within the public sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an eServices Development Lead to join their esteemed organization on a long-term contract. The Technical Lead will be responsible for overseeing the overall analysis, construction, architecture and infrastructure in support of eServices related activities.
This organization is within the public sector and will give you the opportunity to be a part of large projects that will directly benefit the society, and enrich your professional portfolio.
- Ensuring the unit is effectively and efficiently staffed by identifying resource requirements, recruiting, training and orienting new employees
- Perform individual staff performance through effective coaching and constructive feedback;
- Perform regular performance appraisals, identifying skill gaps and ensuring appropriate training is provided when required;
- Ensure staff relations are met in accordance with internal human resources policies and practices, collective agreement and appropriate employment legislation.
- Act as the single point of contact with the business to support all Application Development,
- Identify and responding to opportunities for providing better service with various ITC teams that help the business achieve its objectives;
- Refine the development and solution process to optimize resource utilization
- Assume responsibility for establishing priorities, providing project plans, implementation plans, standards and procedures for the system components within the area of responsibility.
- Provide delivery schedules and working out release scope and content with customers and other technical teams;
- Prepare estimation, cost, timeline and resource requirements for the successful completion of each application solution request
- Prepare Project and implementation plans, representing the team in ADA and ARC reviews for various projects and releases, and liaising with the business to ensure complete and successful implementation.
- Partner with internal and external resources such as other ITC Managers, team leads and vendors to maintain effective working relationships and achieve desired results.
- Work on components and processes for the operation of technology in the development area in order to provide a high-quality cost effective environment that contributes to the successful achievement of divisional and corporate goals.
- Attend, facilitate and actively participate in meetings and in the implementation of business initiatives to effectively represent the interests of the assigned area of responsibility, while keeping abreast of the
- Work on process automation improvement and assist the minimization to the organization/financial impact.
- Adhere to Architecture Design Principles, processes and Standards Reviews
- Provide product and technology knowledge and problem solving to enable systems to operate smoothly and optimize productivity for clients including
- Provide after-hours support for applications, integration components, middleware and interfaces in order to achieve operational excellence.
- 8+ Years of experience in construction, testing, and implementing Multi-Tier solutions;
- 5+ Years of hands –on experience programming Java based applications;
- 5+ Years of experience working with high volume data exchange and transaction processing systems, preferably in a Oracle software development environment;
- 3+ Years of experience with GIT/JIRA/HPQC and other dev/test tools;
- Strong understanding of ETL best practices, WebSphere MQ and Message Broker;
- 5+ years of solid experience with ESB middleware;
- Experience writing well documented unit tests and executing them;
- 5+ years working knowledge of scripting languages like Korn /Bash Shell scripting;
- Working experience with CAD7 scheduling tool, and Adobe are definitely a bonus;
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile Methodologies;
- Degree in computer science, math, engineering or equivalent work experience;
- Excellent Communication Skills
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.