825 Queen St E Toronto, ON M4M 1H8 | Direct Hire
Location: Downtown Toronto
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, an insurance company, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Database Administrator to join their esteemed organization on a full-time permanent opportunity in Toronto. The Database Administrator will be primarily providing business staff with high quality customer service and prompt resolution of technical issues.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a reputable organization who is dedicated to providing their clients with exceptional service. They are committed to employee’s lifelong learning and professional growth as well.
- Administration of user access to, and maintaining rate tables, etc. in the company databases. Entering Administrator-required data corrections to the company databases.
- Create and maintain TAM form letters and other TAM templates.
- Create and maintain policy documents in Crystal Reports for company databases.
- Assists in the preparation and compilation of department policy documents, i.e. Taxi accounts for merging information from database for liability slip, certificate and letter generation.
- Development and maintenance of Website and online services
- Development and maintenance of internal Web-based applications
- Assist in development and admin of internal DB applications in MS Access and Excel
- Support Claims and QC to in data management and analysis processes
- Backup for Vice President, Information Technology, in a limited capacity, when required.
- Maintaining asset tracking and licensing information
- Workstation deployment and support
- Undertake day-to-day administration of on-site Exchange email server
- Assist in implementing the appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity.
- Deploy and maintain mobile device fleet and policies
- Assist in administration of Telecom and Security systems
- Participate in the Information Systems Committee, for future consideration.
- Other duties as required
- Secondary School Diploma
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- 2+ years of experience in IT workforce
- Experienced or certified with database administration such as SQL or MSAccess
- Experienced or certified with report design tools such as Crystal Reports
- Ability to review/alter .Net, HTML, PHP code for web design/ minor programming
- Programming experience with .net (either vb.net or c#.net) an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel); Agency Manager (TAM) and other department systems.
- Experience in the insurance or financial industry a significant asset
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to adapt to and learn.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and to set and meet deadlines.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- May require some flexible work hours
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.