Digital Solutions Consultant
1 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 400 Mississauga, ON L4Z 4E7 | Direct Hire
Digital Solutions Consultant
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, a major organization within the financial sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Digital Solutions Consultant to join their innovative organization on a full-time permanent opportunity. The Digital Solution Consultant has overall responsibility for the exploration of new ideas, concepts, and enhancements, and the maturation of these ideas into validated Digital Products by confirming their feasibility, viability, and desirability.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the Digital Delivery team to drive changes to existing culture and processes with a focus on Design Thinking, Lean Startup, and Agile concepts – inspire both IT and non-IT teams across the organization to embrace a product-centric mindset.
- Develop a deep relationship with key internal and external stakeholders, including product management teams, line of service leads, and external clients (both existing and potential), based on an empathic understanding of their challenges and opportunities.
- Facilitate the continuous generation of new Digital Product ideas by combining a natural sense of curiosity and creativity with a variety of techniques and strategies, including (but not limited to) realization of product roadmaps, execution of innovation challenges, targeted product ideation workshops, and frequent analysis of industry, client, and competitor trends.
- Ensure that Digital Product ideas are addressing real world problems through a combination of modern techniques designed to focus on understanding the client and defining the problem, including Solution Interviews, Customer Journey Mapping, Persona Definition, and Design Thinking Sessions.
- Validate Digital Product ideas rapidly by leveraging a wide variety of stakeholders and a combination of modern techniques designed to test the feasibility, viability, and desirability of the solution, including Wireframing, Prototyping, Pilots, Proofs of Concepts, and Minimum Viable Products.
- Work with internal teams to formally document the results of ideation, producing appropriate deliverables such as business and technical feasibility analysis and recommendations, high level business solutions and architecture, business technology strategies, high level implementation plans, supporting financial business technology models, and input to or preparation of the business case analysis.
- Prioritize the funnel of Digital Product ideas to focus ideation efforts on only the most promising ideas – when validation of an idea proves that it is not viable, feasible or desirable, document the learnings and move on to the next most promising idea.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and mentorship to resources working on ideation for Digital Products on a variety of subjects including Design Thinking methodologies, viability of new product ideas or enhancements, go/no go decisions, etc.
- Conducts ongoing research activities into innovative technologies and business solutions
- Prepares executive presentations on initiatives
- Provides technical and business internal consulting to senior leadership within the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree or related experience
- Extensive experience with Design Thinking methodologies and a deep understanding of supporting behaviors, mindsets, and best practices.
- Minimum 8 years work experience from a broad array of companies and positions, potentially including entrepreneurship, consulting, teaching, and/or product development.
- An insatiable sense of curiosity – will seek to empathize with the customer and understand the problem before attempting to solve it.
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills - ability to understand diverse audience and tune message, generate storyboard, develop materials, and communicate effectively to stakeholders, even under pressure
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity and take charge of difficult situations.
- Ability to simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges with enthusiasm
- Experience with consultation entrepreneurial work in the past would be desirable
- Experience navigating and collaborating with a large and diverse stakeholder mix, including external parties such as clients or vendors
- Highly creative – loves to create new things and often sees opportunities where others do not.
- Excellent financial and business acumen
- Previous cultural/digital transformation experience at a financial institution or insurance company is a strong asset;
- Experience rolling out a new Design Thinking practice at a large organization is an asset.
- Strong program execution skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.