Director of Software Engineering
Greater Toronto Area, ON | Direct Hire
Director of Software Engineering
Location: Burlington, ON
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, a leading global provider of in-store consumer engagement technology, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Director of Software Engineering to join their innovative organization on a full-time permanent opportunity in Burlington, Ontario. The Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for the full product life cycle from inception to launch to maintenance including on-time delivery of products and releases. S/he will improve development processes to improve Time to Market (TTM) while implementing best in class quality. The ideal candidate will be a leader someone will want to work for and with, someone who comes from a “hands-on” developer background and can have deep technical conversations and brainstorming sessions.
This organization revolves around curious and creative people who are passionate about technology. Their collaborative culture values ideas and diverse perspectives from all. As this is a full-time permanent opportunity, there is also a comprehensive benefit package that will take care of your health and wellness needs, not to mention 4 weeks of vacation! It's also a casual and open environment where you're able to wear what you normally do on the weekends!
Key Responsibilities for Director of Software Engineering:
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of products (Software and Hardware)
- Improve development methodologies to speed Time-To- Market (TTM) and while retaining high quality
- Orchestrate the activities of the product development team from inception through product launch and maintenance.
- Own the SLA of the company’s SaaS services.
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Work closely with Operations, Sales & Marketing and Business Development of the company to implement and launch features, partnerships, and new products.
- Manage the appropriate complexity and scale, driving engineering execution and quality attainment with a product-oriented mindset.
- Responsible for project roadmaps, feature sets, and implementation schedules.
- Manage, motivate and scale the team
- Other duties as required
Requirements for Director of Software Engineering:
- Educational background in a relevant technical degree
- 10+ years managing and growing teams of 25+ in a technology based company
- Experience as a savvy software developer and architect
- Experience with backend software such as J2EE, Backend, Angular Front end
- Frontend experience with Angular, HTML, CSS
- Experience in project management
- Experience working in a Digital Signage/Customer Engagement environment including a software platform that integrates command and control sensors along with technology such as LCDs, LEDs, kiosks, mobile and more.
- Combination of management and hands-on experience developing enterprise-class software and systems, or high scale, high availability consumer web, core software development
- Proven experience managing cloud and web-based services and applications
- Experienced in waterfall and agile methodologies with milestones/releases managed in JIRA.
- Hands on developer background
- Experience promoting a highly collaborative and team-oriented culture locally, as well as across international boundaries with remote teams
- Ability to quickly grasp and fully understand the underlying technology
- High-energy, positive, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, driven by success and passionate about building great products
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- 10% Travel required
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.