Experience Design Manager
Toronto, ON M5V 2H2 | Contract
Experience Design Manager
Type: 4-Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the consultation industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an Experience Design Manager to join their team on a contract basis. The client is looking for a UX Manager to manage a team and the relationship with their client, a large retail client in Toronto. The successful candidate needs experience in the digital landscape, they will be responsible for managing teams, owning/scoping new work, requirements gathering and solutioning, workshop planning/facilitation, wireframing, prototyping and thought leadership to the client’s internal creative teams and growth of accounts and new business.
This organization revolves around curious and creative people who are passionate about technology. Their collaborative culture, values, ideas, and diverse perspectives form all. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on a very large multi-phase digital transformation journey.
- Leads and balances multiple projects and/or work streams
- Responsible for interaction design, task flow, behaviour, and navigation design
- Demonstrates the information architecture and interaction design skills necessary to support client work
- Ideates, sketches, and prototypes for desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Creates UX strategy, develops customer scenarios, conducts journey mapping and collaborates on persona development
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights, Analytics/Data Science, and clients to apply data and insights to UX design decisions and to determine UX success metrics & KPIs
- Contributes to estimation, project planning, practice development and new business pitches
- Actively collaborates in cross- disciplinary idea generation and client co-creation sessions
- Articulates rationale for approach in the context of both business and user needs
- Defines processes and deliverables that meet project goals and are reasonable within operational, cultural and technology constraints
- Leads multidisciplinary projects and workstreams
- Accountable for estimation and scope of UX activities and deliverables
- Collaborates with Strategy, Analytics/ Data Science, Consumer Insights, Content& Copy, Visual Design and Technology
- Leads team meetings and handles client reviews
- Mentors team members
- 5+ years of experience working on complex software, transactional or ecommerce experiences, with medium to large-sized teams, preferably in a cross disciplinary digital agency
- 1+ years team management or team lead experience
- Led multidisciplinary sketching and ideation sessions with teams and clients
- Experienced in both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Familiar with scoping and estimating UX tasks
- Led the UX on a single, small to medium-size project (<$5M) and/or lead multiple tracks of work on large project ($5M+)
- Degree in interaction design, human- computer interaction or industrial design preferred
- Degree in a related field, such as library science, graphic design,
- Animation or architecture considered.
- Minor in Psychology, English, History, Anthropology a plus.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.