Full Stack Web Developer
4950 Yonge Street Suite 902 Toronto, ON M2N 6K1 | Direct Hire
Full Stack Web Developer
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, within the health industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Full Stack Web Developer to join their esteemed organization on a full-time permanent opportunity. This is a new role as the client is developing a new website and the developer will be maintaining it. This position will be part of IT team with the responsibility of building Web applications to accommodate changing business requirements.
This organization is within the public sector and will give you the opportunity to be a part of large projects that will directly benefit the society and enrich your professional portfolio.
- Design, implement and test web application code
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Extract and analyze existing traffic, logs and usage metrics to proactively scan for issues or improvements for monitoring purposes and to assess and optimize for speed and scalability.
- Develop documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, code comments and Training manuals.
- Explain the technical trade-offs of different approaches, including estimating how long each will take to build.
- Project estimating using work back schedules and time management with the ability to prioritize based on deadlines.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Setup and administration of website backups.
- Create and modify reports.
- Train Shop Managers for data entry and financial report gathering.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving ability.
- Manage the hosting environment, including database administration, webserver administration and scaling of applications to support load changes
- Other duties as assigned
- A degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 7 years of solid experience in Node.js backend development.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in database design and development such as MYSQL, MSSQL, MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in PHP.
- Working knowledge of creating full stack web application using ReactJS, Relay and GraphQL.
- Ability to use and integrate with APIs on any platform.
- Solid understanding of UI and UX design.
- Ability to build responsive/adaptive solutions.
- Ability to work with creative team to implement or improve website features.
- Advanced comfort level with technical change management, its affects, results, and consequences on current code base.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of accessibility considerations and web standards.
- Experience using software versioning and revision control system SVN + or GIT.
- Front-End Experience
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Back-End Experience
- API design and development
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- RESTful Services
- Server-side languages like Node.js and PHP
- Database technologies like MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- LAMP stack
- WordPress CMS
- Apostrophe CMS
- Linux Administration
- AWS console
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to OBUresume@bagg.com.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.