IIS Solutions Engineer
200 Front Street West Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
IIS Solutions Engineer
Type: 6-Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the public sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an IIS Solutions Engineer to join their esteemed organization on a long-term contract in Toronto.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Review the planned hardware environment, fill in detail as required and construct solution documentation and discuss/resolve any concerns with various client resources as appropriate.
- Identify and document naming conventions and standards to be used in the new environment.
- Produce a multiyear IBM Infosphere Information Server strategy for data delivery
- Obtain approvals for approach to security and connectivity and submit requests as necessary for access, security setup, firewall rules, etc.
- Construct an installation/configuration preparation document (non-prod and prod buildbook) and checklist and work with client resources as required to obtain information, access, support, etc., as needed to identify and satisfy all installation pre-requisites.
- Implement installation patching, configuration, connectivity, testing and validation of the environments and associated set up of source/target connectivity, interfaces with version control, job scheduling and other SDLC related interfaces and activities while maintaining complete step by step documentation.
- Test migrate DataStage jobs from 8.5 to the current 11.5, analysis and provide effort estimates for the actual migration based on known differences in the DataStage Engine between 8.5 and 11.5, changing the connectors from ODBC to Native and effort required to define test cases and manufacture data. SE will provide the migration estimations in the form of a written assessment and corresponding present.
- Performance and design improvements.
- Minimum 6 years of intensive hands-on experience in constructing project artifacts such as solution design documents and implementation strategy decks while actively contributing to project plans, business requirements, test strategy, security design, and infrastructure design deliverables throughout the project.
- Minimum 5 years experience performing and estimating large scale DataStage version migrations.
- Minimum 5 years experience using DataStage with Oracle and SQL Server
- Minimum 5 years experience configuring and testing with IIS Metadata Management components such as Information Analyzer and Information Governance Catalog
- Knowledge of Mainframe, Middleware and Open System coding concepts.
- Solid ability to quantify both technical and functional impact of affected system modifications.
- Minimum 5 years experience in senior data management and ERP migration roles within IT primarily constructing and implementing complex enterprise solutions such as (but not limited to) DB2, DataStage, Oracle or like enterprise data delivery platforms.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior solution architect or designer capacity with leadership abilities to work with various teams in a complex and dynamic environment to ensure delivery of service within timelines.
- Minimum 5 years technical experience in IBM DataStage v8.5 and higher with most recent experience in v11.x
- Minimum 5 years technical experience in AIX
- Minimum 5 years technical experience in Linux
- Preference would be given to candidates with all or some experience in integration solution design of DataStage and DB2 (Information Server) and Oracle Database.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.