IT Director, Software Development- Permanent
Toronto, ON M9L 2W6
IT Director, Software Development- Permanent
Our client, a leading Canadian food manufacturer is in need of an IT Director, Software Development to join their team. As the IT Director, Software Development, you will be responsible for leading the development of 3 software development teams. You are an expert coder and hands-on leader with experience managing a team of developers. You have a proven track record architecting and building a project from inception through to delivery. You understand the need to hit deadlines and are able to motivate your team to be problem solvers and work as a cohesive unit. You enjoy solving complex technical challenges and are comfortable working with team members on all parts of the application stack.
This is a place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. The organization is rapidly growing and is in need of hard-working individuals who can keep up with the fast pace.
- Building and mentoring a team of talented developers and helping them reach their full potential
- Applying your deep technical knowledge to solve complex problems across the entire software stack
- Architecting systems to meet today’s needs, while ensuring future proofing that aligns with business strategy
- Creating a clear vision, strategy, and technical architecture for major projects
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver large software products on time
- Being driven by productivity and results
- Facilitating Agile development process with your teams and working with them to help improve development processes
- Ensuring alignment of the team by effectively communicating milestones and metrics to management and team leads and members
- Ensuring appropriate testing and QA process are implemented from the beginning
- Interacting with business users and Business Design Team
Energizes and Mobilizes Team Members
- Team Member Selection – Takes ownership for selecting the right talent for the right role.
- Team Member Development – Continually develops and upgrades team members; coaching and sharing knowledge and experience, uses appropriate style and methods in enabling team to be successful.
- Team Member Engagement – Creates an environment where people enjoy working hard towards achieving mission, including creating an environment of fun and celebration while delivering results.
Creates Winning Relationships
- Performance and Development Feedback – Communicates clear performance expectations, providing feedback in a straight forward and timely manner.
- Empowerment – Delegates effectively, providing support and opportunities for growth through empowering others.
- Change Management – Communicates change positively and seeks to enable change. Generates excitement to inspire others. Always communicating in an open manner.
- Consensus Building – Is effective at consensus building, always doing what is right for the business. Adheres to our mindset of no politics.
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our customers front and center.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.
- 4-6 years of software development
- 4-5 years of leading software development teams
- Agile and Test-Driven development methodologies
- Planning and deployment of mobile apps on the cloud
- Architecting cloud solutions (ie: SharePoint)
- Experience with all of the following technologies;
- SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- Microsoft analysis services
- Java, AngularJS
- Microsoft Model View Controller (MVC)
- Modeling tools similar to Rational Rose
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.