Markham, ON | Contract
Type: 6-Month Contract | Contract-to-Perm Opportunity
Our client, within the digital signage industry, as asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an IT Specialist to join their new Canadian office on a 6-Month contract with the opportunity for a potential permanent hire for the right candidate. The IT Specialist will be a ‘go-to person’ who will not be afraid to help out where he/she can! The ideal candidate will have graduated about 4 years ago and are looking to build their career in IT.
This is an exciting time to join this organization as it will be the first office in Canada! You will be the first to assist with new and exciting digital projects, and have the opportunity to grow within the organization.
Key Responsibilities for IT Specialist:
- Duties include configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, and providing daily support for computer network users.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and
- other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware,
- networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user
- workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end
- users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers,
- scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Assisting with testing which includes Solar loading, high temperature, water ingress and acoustical noise
- Support Lead Engineer in setting up and testing outdoor LCD menuboards
- Some physical activities such as setting up jigs and fixtures is required
- Other duties as required
Requirement for IT Specialist:
- Strong IT Skills, computer savvy individual
- Must be Advanced with Excel
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Must be comfortable with assisting in other areas as needed, Ie: Pushing a broom, assist with moving boxes as they are in the midst of getting set up
- Must be trustworthy as office key will be given to the new office
- Experience within the audio industry is a nice-to-have
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.