Infrastructure Delivery Specialist
200 Front Street West Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
Infrastructure Delivery Specialist
Type: 12 Month Contract
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an Infrastructure Delivery Specialist to join their reputable organization on a long-term contract in Toronto.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Liaise with internal/external stakeholders and the Client’s governance committees to ensure deliverables and dependencies are successfully delivered.
- Coordinate the preparation, construction and implementation of new technology and infrastructure upgrades for corporate business projects and internal initiatives, also tracking and reporting on project activities.
- Support the development of long-term infrastructure technology and assisting with capacity planning.
- Work on the architectural model of hardware infrastructure.
- Work on infrastructure installation and upgrade projects, and related activities.
- Participate in defining business and technical requirements and support the business by working with stakeholders through the requirements process and using information provided to meet business needs
- Maintain and update technical and project documentation as well as maintain a clear and concise documented process for the implementation and integration of infrastructure projects and services.
- Prepare weekly status reports and keep management and other stakeholders informed of status and other related issues on a regular and timely basis.
- IT project risk and issue identification, documentation and mitigation of potential implementation issues.
- Mitigation and resolution strategies to minimize impacts to project needs/outcomes.
- Support and participate in the project procurement process as required.
- Work on improvements to the reliability, availability and serviceability of infrastructure.
- Ensure system performance and availability of the Client’s enterprise IT platforms for internal business users and external clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- University degree with a focus in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in infrastructure delivery in a Windows, Linux, or Unix environment.
- A minimum of 10 years of IT experience including enterprise-wide requirements definition and IT management systems and methodologies.
- Proven and demonstrated experience in coordinating with outsourced IT Infrastructure service providers and third-party suppliers on complex build and migration projects.
- Strong experience on infrastructure project delivery including construction of infrastructure solutions, preparing, coordinating, tracking, and reporting on project activities.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Conceptual and analytical skills to assess and evaluate needs and cost/benefit analysis for new infrastructure technology requirements and solutions.
- Knowledge of complex IT system development and design methodologies and processes.
- Superior written and oral communication skills (will present various project documentation including business cases, briefing notes, action plans, executive summaries, technical reports etc.)
- Strong ability to prioritize a very high volume of day-to-day activities and balance demands against longer-term work and commitments.
- Professional interpersonal skills including assisting with negotiation, participating in consulting, and customer-service.
- Superior relationship management and teamwork skills to engage, motivate multi-disciplinary teams
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.