200 Front Street West Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
Type: 24-Month Contract
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding 5 Program Directors to join their reputable organization on a contract basis in Toronto.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Assisting the development and execution of the multi-phased and multi-year implementation plan for the program, including but not limited to the project charter, integrated project plan, risk management plan, and the governance model.
- Assist in the identification, documentation and tracking of benefits and requirements of the program to ensure all strategic outcomes are delivered upon completion of the program. In addition, ensuring that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities.
- Supporting project leads and internal stakeholders to coordinate project delivery, change management and internal communication strategies through the various stages of the project that supports change at all levels of the organization and the assessment of risks, the establishment of broad mitigation plans and measures.
- Ensuring the identification, scoping and planning for any business implications across all functions in the Clients (including, but not limited, to business processes, Clients organizational structure and resourcing implications, and systems implications for various applications in operation at the Client).
- Developing resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support across the program for all projects. Addressing resourcing conflicts and escalating resourcing issues to the Executive Project Sponsor, and/or the Prioritization Working Group.
- Facilitating cross-functional Working Group meetings and fostering teamwork; driving identification, documentation, escalation and resolution of issues.
- The creation of project artefacts and documentation to support decision making.
- Ensuring all necessary inputs for decisions are prepared and delivered to Steering Committee in a timely manner. Attending Steering Committee to provide updates, advice and guidance to executives to facilitate decision making.
- Working closely with senior level executives on a broad range of project issues, decision points and emerging/contentious issues. Supporting the Client in the development and monitoring of project governance products and reporting requirements and facilitating discussions/negotiations to gain support and approval of key initiatives and proposals.
- Technical expertise in planning, execution, governance and leadership of the program.
- Identifying and addressing blockers, inefficiencies and other issues to effective program delivery.
- Supporting senior level discussions and negotiations to engage/inform senior program and cluster management in the modernization process and gaining buy in/consensus on critical decisions and deliverables.
- 10+ years of experience managing a program (group of projects) or large scale, multi-year, multi-phased transformation projects with high complexity and high risk (often with technology included, exceeding $10M in budget)
- 10+ years of experience building large multi-disciplinary teams including IT, business
- 10+ years of experience working and/or negotiating with third party vendors (including RFP development / execution and contract management)
- 10+ years of building integrated program / project plans (and their respective budgets) to support the delivery of large scale, multi-phased programs/ transformation projects
- Certification in Project Management methodology, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) – PMI (preferred not mandatory)
- Certification or Prince 2 (preferred but not mandatory)
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, experienced briefing executive level audiences
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with implementation of Guidewire v7 and/or v9 – ASSET
- Development and implementation of enterprise wide programs and projects.
- Drive the delivery of strategic and transformational change by providing leadership and direction to assigned programs and projects.
- Maintain communication linkages and relationships internally with business partners, the project management community, and all levels of management and externally with vendors as required.
- Provide technical and strategic guidance and expertise to Senior Project Managers, Project Managers and Project Analysts.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.