Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
Type: 30- Month Contract
Number of Positions: 5
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding five Program Directors to join their team on a contractual basis. The successful candidates will lead the execution of enterprise wide programs and projects by providing needed leadership and direction. The Program Director will take direction from the client’s executive and senior management, this is not considered consulting services. They will lead multiple projects, integrated together as a “program team”. The Program Director will be responsible for the build and ongoing ownership of an “integrated program plan” (IPP), that includes the timelines, key milestones, integration points, risks and deliverables across a suite of projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
Under Client Direction:
- Assist with the program (group of related projects), including the integrated planning, requirements gathering, managing risks and interdependencies, and implementation to deliver all associated projects on time, in scope and within budget
- Assisting the development and execution of the multi-phased and multi-year implementation plan for the program, including but not limited to the project charter, integrated project plan, risk management plan, and the governance model
- Assist in the identification, documentation and tracking of benefits and requirements of the program to ensure all strategic outcomes are delivered upon completion of the program. In addition, ensuring that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities
- Supporting project leads and internal stakeholders to coordinate project delivery, change management and internal communication strategies through the various stages of the project that supports change at all levels of the organization and the assessment of risks, the establishment of broad mitigation plans and measures.
- Ensuring the identification, scoping and planning for any business implications across all functions in the organization
- Developing resource strategies to ensure optimum support across the program for all projects. Addressing resourcing conflicts and escalating resourcing issues to the Executive Project Sponsor, and/or the Prioritization
- Facilitating cross-functional Working Group meetings and fostering teamwork; driving identification, documentation, escalation and resolution of issues
- The creation of project artefacts and documentation to support decision making.
- Ensuring all necessary inputs for decisions are prepared and delivered to Steering Committee in a timely manner. Attending Steering Committee to provide updates, advice and guidance to executives to facilitate decision making.
- Working closely with senior level executives on a broad range of project issues, decision points and emerging/contentious issues. Supporting the client in the development and monitoring of project governance products and reporting requirements and facilitating discussions/negotiations to gain support and approval of key initiatives and proposals.
- Technical expertise in planning, execution, governance and leadership of the program.
- Identifying and addressing blockers, inefficiencies and other issues to effective program delivery
- Supporting senior level discussions and negotiations to engage/inform senior program and cluster management in the modernization process and gaining buy in/consensus on critical decisions and deliverables.
- Assisting the client with the program budget, managing/escalating change requests, managing the contingency budget, as well as overseeing the cost controller(s)
- Supporting the procurement of third party services as required, including the development of technology and business solutions. Supporting vendor relationships, including the negotiation of contracts, service level agreements and the resolution of complex functional and strategic issues and problems in order to hold vendors accountable for driving results.
- Promoting adoption and implementation of the client program and project management methodologies, including adherence to the enterprise gating model.
- Ensuring, when required, the review, re-engineering and enhancement of innovative operating models, business processes, systems and structures to improve service delivery and customer/client service in order to meet the growing demands of the client stakeholders.
- Provide Input on the strategic guidance to Program / Project Executive Sponsors (Chief or VP)
- Assist Project Executive Sponsors in developing their business cases, including identifying and validating business opportunities, making recommendations on approach to requesting corporate funding for projects, timing of request, etc.
- Providing guidance and ongoing coaching and feedback to project team reports
- Approve the planning of human, physical and financial resource requirements to enable the effective delivery of the program
- Proactively set performance expectations and help to remove any barriers to ensure staff success
- Foster teamwork, staff development, staff engagement and a positive work environment.
- Support professional development and ensure individual performance objectives are developed and employees are provided with appropriate development plans and programs
- Maintain effective communications linkages and working relationships
- This includes: internally with Project Executive Sponsors, Steering Committees, Enterprise Risk Management, Finance, Procurement, Privacy, IT, HR, Legal, and other business areas, as well as externally with stakeholders and vendors as required to support successful project delivery, identify project and organizational needs, discuss and resolve issues and exchange information of mutual concern.
- Other duties as Assigned
- Knowledge of strategic program and project management theories and principles usually acquired through a recognized university degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or another related discipline
- 10+ years of experience managing a program (group of projects) or large scale, multi-year, multi-phased transformation projects with high complexity and high risk (often with technology included, exceeding $10M in budget)
- 10+ years of experience building large multi-disciplinary teams including IT, business
- 10+ years of experience working and/or negotiating with third party vendors (including RFP development / execution and contract management)
- 10+ years of building integrated program / project plans (and their respective budgets) to support the delivery of large scale, multi-phased programs/ transformation projects
- Certification in Project Management methodology, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) – PMI (preferred not mandatory)
- Certification or Prince 2 (preferred but not mandatory)
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, experienced briefing executive level audiences
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with implementation of Guidewire v7 and/or v9
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.